My other knee😳

Posted , 4 users are following.

My left TKR was September 23,2014 and I have absolutely NO regrets having it done. The healing has been remarkable. I walk every day at least 2 miles, I know that's not a lot BUT guess what.....my right knee has been acting up and won't allow me to walk more than that. I just don't want to make it worse, don't want to give in! Cordazone shot for the discomfort? Yeah that's so temporary (about three months) . My experience from my left knee was successful but I really don't want to deal with ALL OF THAT AGAIN FOR MY RIGHT KNEE.......LORD HAVE MERCY 😌💃

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I had rt Tkr in 2011.  Just had my left Tkr 5 th May,  at this point in time it is the good knee that was first done that is keeping me going,  the second one is or has been extremely uncomfortable last two weeks, almost painful but not quite,  sleeping is the worse part,  but I will get there no matter how long it takes,   Jackie. 
  • Posted

I would have expected the opposite to happen. Let me explain.

I had left knee TKR 3 years ago. Successful and well worth the hard work afterwards.

I also have bad arthritis in right ankle. Since I had my left knee replaced my right ankle has also been a lot better.

I think this is simply because I am distributing my weight differently.

So if your left knee is improved and you are distributing your weight better I would not expect you to be having problems with yur right knee.

If you read all these posts you will realise that everyone is different and because your left knee was successful, doese not mean your right knee would be successful.

It really depends how much pain you are in at the moment.

Bear in mind that if oright knee is painful, you may start distributing your weight wrongly again putting more pressure on the left knee.

Just hope you manage make the right decision for you.

Take care and keep in touch

Praying for you

Love Sarah xxx

• Posted

Thanks Sarah! You know since my surgery I've lost 25 pounds which was truly a blessing ☺️ . I believe you are right I'm probably still favoring my right knee which is just making matters worse. I think about that when I am walking , and try to stay focused on shifting the weight. I honestly don't want to go thru this surgery ordeal again. Even though I had no problems just thinking about the recovery discomfort is a Monkey🙈!
  • Posted

I am right where you are now regarding to do the second knee or not to do it!

I am just in my third week post surgery on leg #1, however, so still recuperating and dealing with all the pain, swelling etc. etc.

My other leg is actually my worst leg and the one causing me the greatest amount of hassle since all this began in 2007.

In seeing my X-RAYS, both knees were BONE-ON-BONE, no cartilage, bad. I picked my left leg first because it began acting up most recently.

I don't look forward to all the same stuff with leg #2 that I am having now with leg #1. However, my second leg WILL NOT just get better on its own. I know this because my X-RAYS from 2011 then 2015 show considerable damage just in those four years. I see it as Temporary Inconvenience, Permanent Improvement.

If/When it is time, you will know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.