My own answer

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had depression since as long as I can remember, it's part of my personality now and I wouldn't change it (what's the point? lol). As far back as I can remember, even pre teen, things just weren't right.

I didn't even know what the word depression meant until I was around 17 but I was into personal philosophy and had decided that nothing mattered, something along the lines of nihilism.

I was going to write a lot but I'd rather keep it short and sweet.

Beating depression isn't going to be easy, maybe not even possible, there's no happy ending, if you beat depression boredom follows.

But if you really, really want to kill yourself, and you feel there's no point in living, just think, there's no point in dying either.

​It makes no difference.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would never say any is impossible, if you got depression then you can lose it to. It just depends on methods and effort. Over simplyfying tis you could take the example of getting dressed. You could sit and say I am to depressed to get out of bed and staying bed clothes, the pain your going thru mental is a huge influence in this and some people do lay in bed and refuse to get up, but in actual fact  taking a step back why cant you get dressed and get up. Its going to help the you fight the depression better than just laying their. I am just putting it out their and I know its easier said than done sometimes but when I have got lost in serious depression and gone into dark places I always keep think why should I stop my life. Sometimes it may take a day or to some times its a n hour but when I have snapped out of it I do sort of get a rye smile that I was right.
  • Posted

Looking at life from that seemingly logical point of view I can understand the 'what's the point of anything' view. However logicaly as there's no point to anything you may as well just enjoy yourself. Because if there's no point in anything you may as well do what you want, right?

Look emotion is what gives life it's colour, it's meaning. It gives all the negative and the positive feelings surrounding the world around us. It's a part of us even if you don't think so. A computer has no emotion and do you think it ever considers the point of anything? Its the emotion that makes us consider if there is a point to anything or not. Why did you sleep? Why did you wake up? Why do you wonder why? Everything is subjective, even how you feel at anyone time. Right now you feel down and very much feel what's the point. I don't know if there's a point but I also don't care. I live my life if there is a point or not. Why did you read books on philosophy? What was the point?

All I am saying is that there does not need to be a point in life. Its the depression which is causing you to focus on the negative aspect of that. You could also think that as there's no point to anything why not just spend the time doing what you enjoy? If it doesn't matter anyway why not just try it? You know, just to find out. Otherwise you'll never really know, will you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.