My panic attacks!!!!!!!

Posted , 39 users are following.

Ok all, just tried the whole writing down why i think my panic attacks started and what happens during a panic attack.......it brought on a panic attack!!!!! I cant do it!!! I had to give up and I'm not even half way through so clearly that's not gunna work for me........ Ok so my panic attacks are about during dying ok, I'm scared of dying end of.....i cant get over it because its inevitability, and this is what i panic about every single night, I'm not religious even tho i have tried to find god it hasn't worked......my panic attacks are justifiable and i cant see how I'm ever going to get over them......im sorry but i just cant.....this is the most I've ever talked about them......and i cant 'embrace' them because i cant find a reason to calm myself down......many people have tried explaining their way of thinking and it just doesn't work for me, I'm at a loss, and writing all this in panic because i just don't know what to do anymore!!!! I don't know how anyone can help me, it all seems pretty hopeless........im sorry about the rant but that's what it is, because now I'm panicking, and no amount of medication seems to help.

Danielle

3 likes, 53 replies

53 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Danielle,

I know how you feel and I have the same exactly what you described. and that feeling of hopelessness is horrible and as if there is no solution ever in the world. but what I found interesting is when we reach to this level its not only anxiety its also depression and a lot of sadness due to life experiences. bad relationships, debts, out of work. and a lot more and we just pretend to be strong and positive and continue till our nerve system collapse and we become week and fragile and in deep sadness. so you need to take an anti depressant right now I am on Zoloft and its not bad and also I am on Xanax. you need of course to ask the doctor first. also I would advise you to check your thyroid, vitamin D and see if you have any deficiency. and one more thing you said you are not religious fine but just pray to go d to help you and he will pray any way you know you will find your self crying out loud and that's a good cleansing. I wish you all the best and if I have any more solutions I will tell you.

K

• Posted

I completely understand you I had it and believe me I had it so badly I even gave up my work and my life was a hell, I was prescribed a lot of anti depressants , what it's only saved me there  were very simple steps : yoga  every morning,Magnesium with B complex,  and plenty of fresh air and nothing else!!!! It took a good 6 month when I started to feel better now I can say  that  I am panick attacks free!!! I only hope it might help you .
  • Posted

hi dan,i never write on these  forums neverr have but after reading yours i joined up ,i have just had my nightly panic attack and my thought i was dying again .sweating buckets ,heart beat over 120 bpm,aderlin relesed in my belly .i cant handle them anymore i am meant to take 5 mg diazpam and mitzripine but dont as am scared to these will kill me ,my mum passed away 7 months ago in not very nice way and now my panics are extreme after seeing what happens to you when you die .anyway i got appoitmnet to see phsyc team next week ..i see you oringal comment was 2 years ago ..have they got any better   
    • Posted

Hi Jon, thanks to medication I'm nothing like i used to be in these past posts, I've been panic attack free now for over a month.

I understand your fear completely, I've recently learnt mine is called Thanatophobia, or fear of your own death, read up on it, it may help you finally understand your fear also, for me when I finally found out what it was called it had a sort of calming effect in me.

best wishes

Danielle x

• Posted

Please see a homeopath. There is a remedy for this fear of death.
  • Posted

hi danielle.been were you are right now 23 yrs ago,,got to keep on moving or your heart is gonna stop and you will dye,, you wont ,,is there something your scared off with you or around you,,if so remove yourself away,,your not going to dye,,message back if you like me to guid you through it,,xx

• Posted

Hi debra, thank you for your reply.

In no way is this meant to sound ungrateful or condescending as I'm sure you help a lot of people on this forum but I suffer from Thanatophobia, fear of your own inevitable death at the end of your life, so you can understand how telling me I'm not going to die really doesn't help.

I know and have always known I'm not going to die due to a panic attack nor do I have a fear of it, as you can imagine suffering with them for 8 years I've pretty much read everything on them, how they've never caused permanent harm to anyone and they don't have a lasting effect on your heart etc etc.

I know you only meant well with your response and I'm grateful that you responded but it just highlights that stating the obvious and assuming that's what I think without asking and in fact in my case sounds a little patronising seeing as I am going to die whether I want to or not.

I'm sorry if you think I'm having a go, I'm really not, I just think people jump to conclusions on this forum sometimes and try to suggest what they think is best without learning more. For example I posted the original post over 2 months ago and was in a state of panic so I didn't get to explain myself fully and its only been a week since I learnt my condition had a name.

Try to ask questions before jumping to the advice, this will ensure your advice is relevant

This is only constructive feedback, not personally aimed at you, I've seen several people start giving advice without asking questions from the most smallest posts with no added information about past or present.

I agree each persons symptoms and conditions of panic attacks are all basically the same but that doesn't mean the cause behind them all are.

Thanks anyway

Danielle

• Posted

Hi there Danielle16556

To tell you the truth it's the first I've heard of Thanatophia . I've read all your posts and replies to them . 

I may be in a very similar way to you are , it's all new to me this dying thing and panic attacks . The last one I had that lasted for 2 wks was in April this year , I then forced myself to the gym and started talking yo myself and telling myself 'I'm not going to die it's my brain playing with ' I'm fine, I'm not going to let it take over my body' all these words worked all fine until two nights ago wherei watched a movie with my children at 8pm (not too late in the night either) I got scared my heart started to race and since that night my attacks came back and I couldn't sleep . My husband works in a restraunt and I kept calling him every few seconds to come home quick this was 12.30am my aytcjs are back. During this time of attack I constantly thought of something following me or someone is honing to kill me , I see shadows my heads saying nows  the time I will die " and for some reason all the positive lines I used to say to myself DIDNT WORK, nor did listening to classical music, nor did the breathing techniques I was even more scared when all these failed and my heart was racing like mad I chkedcd my bhp on a app I have on my phone it went to 80bhp+ . Then my husband came and I slowly staterd to feel ok again hater rate went down I felt better the an hour later I fell asleep . 

I'm really really scared for tonight am I going to get another attack? , will I happen or won't it ? I have no idea and life life on the edge again ... I wish there was more help from doctors and other sources for these types of symptoms . 

I'm actually writing this message now at 6.46 am 6.6.14 . I posted a new question as I was going through the attack last night out of desperation but I received no reply from no one sad shame ..... Now I stumbled across your message you sent few months ago , I hope you've found a new way to deal with your attacks if so please so share it , it will be much appreciated . 

Thank you for reading I know my writing grammer  is not so good 

Tke cre 

• Posted

Hi surrender, I know how you feel, for the 8 years I suffered with panic attacks I must have tried every self help tip or made up remedies I could and none of them ever had a lasting effect, I tried and tried all sorts to help myself but none of them lasted any longer than a few days and id be back to square one.

The best decision I ever made was to go see my doctor and get some medication to help. I'm currently on venlafaxine (antidepressant) for the depression and propranolol (beta blocker) for the panic attacks and anxiety and believe me when I say that I was completely anti-drug when I first started getting panic attacks, the last thing I wanted to do was go to my doctors and have pills thrown at me which probably weren't going to help me, I mean how could a pill solve my issues with my inevitable

• Posted

Death right?

How wrong I was, I've never been so calm, so confident im not going to crack up in the middle of the street than I am right now.

I don't mean to sound like one of those fanatics but these medications have truly done wonders for my life and really got it back on track.

I'm also going to start therapy soon which will help me deal with my underlying issues, still a bit sceptical about it but I'm willing to give anything a go.

If you have any questions or just a chat please don't hesitate to ask and I hope you find a way to make your anxiety better.

Danielle

• Posted

Do u have any advice on someone who is afraid of going crazy ?
  • Posted

Hi Danielle, how are you finding your anxiety followings meds. I am currently trying to control my panic attacks after years of a fear of dying, then convincing myself I have a heart problem, then fearing the actual panic attacks! It's never ending! X
    • Posted

Hi Maria,

Before meds I was a mess as you can see for yourself from my first messages, I wasn't in a place I wanted to be and it was all just taking over my life, my priority became how to stop myself having another panic attack, not family or work or my own well being, it was pretty bad.

Now, with medication, I'm a new person, I don't have to worry about anxiety or panic attacks as that's all pretty much stopped now, my moods aren't fluctuating as much as they used to I'm pretty much on an even keel, mind the turn of phrase, but honestly, they've been nothing short of a blessing for my life, my happiness and my mental health, I don't know where id be without them.

But I can sympathize with you, I know at my worst my anxiety triggered the panic attacks and fearing another panic attack would bring on anxiety and no matter how hard I tried to take my mind off of it or distract myself, it was never enough and id be caught in the never ending cycle. It began to effect every single aspect of my life you could think of, sleep, diet, relationship, family life, work, social life, emotions, the list is endless, I was just a mess, I really was and I can see that now where as before it was hard work just remembering that I had to make it through another day fearing the next panic attack. This carried on for a few weeks until my partner and family finally convinced me to go see my GP and I'm so glad I did as the medications help me get by day to day and I'm about to start therapy which will hopefully help resolve some issues and get me off the meds and leading a full and happy life.

Id recommend the same course of action I took to anybody in our situation, it really does help just cope that little bit better.

I hope this has helped even a little and if you have any other questions or just fancy a chat then please don't hesitate to get in touch, its the least I can do for all the help I received from this site to give someone else the support and advice to help them.

Danielle

• Posted

Danielle.. Does your mine work as if you are in final destination? Do you know that movie? That is how I think. I can literally in .02 seconds find a way 'we can die' and get really scared of the situation. I can't drive because of it and I cannot get a job or do anything humanely because of my anxiety. Driving itself causes me to have huge panic attacks. After I drive I feel very exhausted, mentally and physically as I am so tense. I have tried to ask my parents to get me into therapy and they think I am just overreacting. I feel as though my anxiety has depressed me because now I feel like a failure and I won't go anywhere in live due to my lack of skill of driving and being able to just 'let go' I am in a constant state of fear if that makes any sense. I have tried EVERYTHING that you could just like you said... I am at a loss, maybe you'll have some advice for me or assure me that you went through the same thing so I don't feel 'crazy'? I don't really know what exactly I am looking for.. I am just sick of this.
    • Posted

Hi Gurgle,

I have been asked a few times to always think of the positive, ask yourself if what you fear will actually happen? In my case its pretty useless but I think it may have some structure in your case, you fear things that may happen to you in day to day life but just think of how many of these things have actually happened since you've been alive?

the figure is low to none in guessing.

Your main fear of driving, you see this as dangerous but in reality its freedom, control, power. You have the freedom to go wherever you please, the control of the car and the power to drive safely and know that these in themselves makes the likelihood of you having an accident very low.

I know its easy for me to type all this than it is for you to use the advice, I know how real a fear can be. My advice would be to go see your doctor and they will refer you to CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy)

Hope this helps.

Danielle x

• Posted

Wow I don't know what to say... I have never met someone who thinks the exact same way that I do...I try tell my self that it will never happen can't ever seem to shake it then I tend to tire out my mind and feel detached or not my self and I that can throw me into a panic attack I always see a way I could die or feel like I am and I'm sick of it I'm trying something new of just every time I start to think about it I imminently do something I'm a gamer so I'll play ps4 or something do anything to keep myself from thinking about it...driving is big for me as well I can't seem to drive very far like I'm fine in the passenger seat but if I get in front of the driver seat I'm imminently anxious that I'll screw up and kill my self or the others in my car and it's to much for me right now I would love to hear back from you if you find anything that help you plz let me know 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.