My panic attacks are getting worse

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been diagnosed with GAD for 2 years now but had panic attacks since I was 11. I am now 21 and these past two weeks have been worse than its ever been before. I am used to having daily panic attacks but generally only minor ones that I can control and keep on going with, but for the past two weeks I've had massive panic attacks everyday, one even lasted for five hours and another my legs were so shaky I couldn't stand up on my own all day. I wondered if anyone has had experiences of it suddenly rocketing to these extremes before? I'm hoping it's just a phase and soon it will go back to it being more controlled as I can't keep carrying on like this as I'm an actor so being active is something I need to be able to do. I appreciate any advice or just hearing some experiences to know this is normal - thanks x

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've had sporadic panic attacks since I was 13. It was at its worst then, and I've just had manageable ones here and there in between. I'm now 23 and for the past 3 weeks, it feels like I've been in one constant panic attack, almost like I've been constantly hyperventilating. I don't know what to do, I've been to the doctor because of my breathing and they said I was fine. I'm taking EHT and vita vocals anti-anxiety medicine but it's not really helping. The EHT helps me the most but I feel the same way. I can't understand why it's happening for so long or what to do.
  • Posted

Are you taking medication at all for your anxiety? Having a hobby to focus on helped me - adult colouring books have been amazing. I also practice deep breathing and visualisation. Have you tried those at all?x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.