My partner has left me after she discovered she had HSV2

Posted , 5 users are following.

My partner ended our relationship within a couple of days of her diagnosis for HSV2 after an outbreak. We had been seeing each other for nearly 2 years. I have since been tested and I am positive too. I have no idea who contracted it from who , I have no symptoms  .It has ended a wonderful relationship. I tried to explain that it doesn't change who we are or how I feel about her but she feels ashamed and dirty. I have not been unfaithful and she said that she hasn't either. I dont know were to go from here? she was my one true love. (Im 45 yo)

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Perhaps she will come around. The diagnosis is a huge blow for most people, especially those who experience outbreaks, and can be very difficult to process. It can take weeks, months, sometimes longer to feel okay with the diagnosis.

If she blames you for giving it to her, however, then that will be harder for you to overcome as a couple. If you were already positive by IgG when you tested, presumably around the time she had her outbreak, then you were an existing carrier, plus a first outbreak does tend to usually suggest newly acquired infection (and yes, it's possible to be together for two years, even longer, and not pass on herpes until much later).

• Posted

Hopefully since you guys had a good relationship you will get back together. It's not easy finding a good person to share your life with especially when you have herpes. Try talking to her. Hopefully she misses you and will want to work it out

• Posted

Thanks.

It only happened in the last week so it's all so fresh. She hasn't talked to me for a few days now. I guess I will just write her a letter after a few more days and try to reach out to her. I know she is hurting, as I am, but she has pulled away. Only time I hope is the barrier.

• Posted

Well she wouldn't even talk. Just a txt msg " it's not going to be" would not explain, nothing. I gutted.......

• Posted

Just be there for her , send her cards, flowers whatever but leave the sex out of it for a while as this is embarrassing a single I know my self.

comfort is the key, doing this shows full respect towards her, and try be there for one another.

• Posted

I wrote this to her today.

""Dreams never end or go.

Dreaming is done in the darkness of the night. We dream for a better life , we dream for what we desire.We dream for love , we dream for hope. Sometimes we have nightmares, but we always wake from our nightmares. 

We can live out our dreams if we so desire. If we want them bad enough what is in our dreams we will seek them out, work for that better life of fulfillment , joy and love. 

We may think we are living a nightmare, lost, with no hope, no future , no plans. and that our dreams have all but left us, but as with a nightmare, we will wake from them to a new brilliant dawn. A new day will rise with fresh hopes, plans, loves and adventures. New dreams will be had , past dreams will be fulfilled. Past and new loves will envelope us.

What is it that you dream for?

Focus on those dreams and strive for them and let your dreams fill you and conquer the nightmares. 

Dreams are hopes, dreams are our loves. Dreams are a future yet to be lived. 

Please don't stop dreaming.""

What is everyone's thoughts ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.