My partners anxiety and depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Please I'm here for some help. My partner has extreme depression and anxiety our relationship is on Rocky Road we don't talk much I try to help but never works. It's been 8 year now and every day gets worse.

The mood swings

Crying all the time

Can't answer the door or go to meetings without crying.

Our relationship has gone form hill the last year I love her with all my heart and can't stand seeing her like this

Any advice with be amazing thank you

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

So sorry to hear this John. Can i ask is your partner recieveing help from doctors or psychiatrist etc? And is she on medicine?
    • Posted

Hi Kim no she's not taking any medication she did for a few years but it seamed to make her worse.we have been to see the doctor but her anxiety is stopping her from going to group meetings.she doesn't like talking to the doctors about her depression.

• Posted

Aww dear this sounds a very difficult situation. If ive learnt anything from this site its that getting medication right is a tricky preocess. What works for some doesnt for others. It also takes a good 3 months to get into your system.Group meetings sound like they are too much for her. I have always had one to one sessions. Is that an option? The trouble with depression is the lack of motivation and fear and anxiety. It takes courage to face up to the challenges of life. I know you will of tried everything so im not sure what advice i can give. I know when im really down i dont want to talk or face anyone. But i know ultimately that if i dont try my hardest to beat this then ultimately the illness will beat me. I honestly believe deep down there is a way out. Part of getting better is accepting help. Has your partner has any cbt therapy? I really hope things turn around for yous
    • Posted

Thank you for replying.

Her motivation is never there she does work as a Mobile carer And works alone I'm proud of her for getting the job as I though she would never experience a working life. We also have 4 children and that's a challenge as she's never has a brake . She has no friends and it's horrible to see her so lonely. As I've tried to get my friends partner to come round but she doesn't like new people around her. She has never tried one to one help before I've asked her to go see the doctor but it's a no go Area.

I just don't no how to approach the situation like going to get help and medication again.

I try to help as much around the house and with the children i do work a 50 hour week and we never have much time together as I come in from work and then she goes out to work

• Posted

So sorry to hear this John. Can i ask is your partner recieveing help from doctors or psychiatrist etc? And is she on medicine?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.