My periods have been causing me so much pain and my doctor doesn’t have a clue of the cause

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I used to be on the pill for around 3 years and it was the one which stopped my periods. Prior to being on the pill, I always suffered with a really heavy flow. I came off the pill at the end of last year and my periods were how they used to be, up until June time. They have been extremely painful especially on my left side where my tummy was that you could feel the heat from under my clothes. I went to my gp about it who then referred me to get a scan as she thought it was a cyst but it came back clear. My periods have been also really light and during my heavy days it is not as heavy as it was in the pass. I used to always get a lot of clots but now i don't. I am 23 and I don't even know if its normal

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

u may have an infection in your fallopium tube or ovary have some vaginal swabs taken incase

• Posted

Each organism is unique, I have the same situation. Initially, I was on the pill, but depression and overweight made me quit taking them. So I chose the Nexplanon implant and was pleased with the result. Periods are regular, not painful and I feel fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.