My psychologist switched me to prozak

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey folks,

So I saw my psychologist today and I would just like anyone's opinion who is been on Prozac. I was on 25 mg Clomipramine for generalizing Anxiety disorder and depressionwhich which my GP prescribed me. I felt that this drug made me very tired. And I don't have OCD so I wasn't sure why I was prescribed this. So I wanted to know if anybody's been on Prozac and if it seemed to help?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have been on fluoxetine (prozac), for at least 18 months and generally I am okay. It doesn't help my anxiety but I was originally on sertraline and that mucked with my brain.

Mike.

• Posted

I was on Prozac for 21 years with good results. Then tried two other antidepressants which only seemed to work for short periods of time before giving out. 

I started back on Prozac 3 weeks ago.

Give it a try. Everyone responds differently to medications.

Good luck

Laurie

• Posted

Hi,I am currently on 200mg sertraline but I am so depressed and no motivation at all,I was on Prozac for 12 years so I'm wondering if I should go back to it ?,how are you finding the Prozac this time round xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.