My scar is looking strange

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 3 months post op from TKR everything has gone fine so far but I still have some swelling on the left side of my scar and now my scar which was perfect isn't looking good it's getting bright red marks and bumps popping up and its sore anyone know what that is?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi - I would be getting it checked in case there is an infection of some type. We need to be very careful of infections for quite some time. Err on the side of caution !!  Pleased to hear all is going well otherwise smile

• Posted

Gwen, infection is very serious. Just to make sure, see your doctor.
    • Posted

Trust me! I havee had sepsis in my knee and it isn't pretty. Get to the doctor!

• Posted

Go to your Doctor ASAP , may be nothing but get it checked , you don't want an infection . I had my left knee done 18 years ago & all is fine now . Don't worry but get it check out.

• Posted

Could be an infection, have your doctor check it out immediately! Don't wait!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.