My son is suffering from some symptoms which no doctor is able to diagnose properly

Posted , 3 users are following.

My son is 27 yrs old. He is physically fit and healthy but 6 months back about Feb/Mar 2018 all of sudden ,he complained of fast heart beat rate.I dismissed his words by saying may be due to stress and all.But again he complained of breathlessness and fast heart beat.I took him to nursing home and doc tested him by ecg,bp etc.and everything was ok.Doc told me that these things are arising now a days in young generation due to pressure of work and irregular life style.

Then he went abroad and again after few days he had this problem.I took his case to one of the famous cardiologist and she advised to go for holter test.According to her,there may be some extra electric circuit in heart and due to which it happens but will be confirmed by holter test.I sent him 1 mobile holter device  by which one can get immediate ecg readings and measure heart beats.Whenever he experienced the above said symptoms,he took the readings and mailed to doc and every time according to doc it was perfect.My son also went for proper holter test in the hospital and readings were absolutely fine.

But still regularly he gets these symptoms once in two months or so and we are unable to diagnose why it is happening. Please advise what should I do to diagnose the root cause and then go for a proper treatment. Please note that in every other respect he is absolutely fine and leads a normal life like any young boy. But when this problem occurs then during that short time period he feels weak ,nervous and difficulty in breathing. I am at a total loss to move further as even the best of cardiologists aren’t able to advise anything , or may be this is not even a cardio problem that’s why need someone to guide properly for next step in investigation towards a proper diagnosis of the problem

Doctor has asked him to take medicine Metolar 25 mg and Aciloc for 3 months only which he took and now whenever this problem happens he drinks lot of water and Aciloc, this breathlessness lasts for 5-10 minutes and then becomes ok on its own but after each such episode his energy is totally drained out and he feels tooo weak that’s why guidance needed to which specific doctor he should go for proper check up and diagnosis

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Has he been tested for pulmonary embolism or emboli? It would be a d-dimer blood test or chest CT scan with contrast. If not get him tested ASAP. It sounds so similar to symptoms I had. Is he having chest pain?
    • Posted

Thanks for your response, Chest pain he had only once or twice ever since this problem started 6 months back Otherwise only breathing trouble and fast heart rate,

• Posted

Be on the safe side and tell him to get a d-dimer blood test, it tests for clots. If you can get a chest CT organised as well, I would advise it. Even if it isn’t clots he could have a lung problem if he is having breathing issues. When it comes to trouble breathing, it is so important to get it checked. My doctors missed all the signs of my PEs because they were just concentrating on the heart scans, which all came back mostly normal just tachycardic. Even the pulse oximeter said 98%. I was told it was anxiety! Fortunately I didn’t believe them and organised myself a CT with contrast, if I hadn’t, I probably wouldn’t be here now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.