My stomach feels like an acid bath!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi people, what do i do? My family have insisted i have fries that are deep fried to today either they have made me feel sick or the gluten in the cake i had. Now what do i do? My family want me to go to them for new year but i am really scared. How do i know if it's a bug, acid or a gluten intolerance, also my elbows are itchy. Is this gluten related or age related, i am 45 and female and have been in a very hot shower. Help i am fed up of this!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

fried food is really bad for your stomach when you have ibs! i have a chippy like once a year if that and omg i regret it! if you dont want to eat it just be firm tell your family you wont eat it as it gives you a bad stomach. end of! if they dont agree then tough-its not them that has to suffer afterwards. theres been times where i dont go out to certain restaraunts with my family as there isnt anything i can eat and i tell them that. yes it may be the gluten but if youre not comfortable having certain foods just dont eat them. have you seen your gp about this?

• Posted

Hi Moonpig, i went out with my sister for just what i thought would be a cup of something. No, eat these crxc fries we have them. Jeez the acid burnt back, unsure if the oil spells coeliac disease? Can't tell neither can doctors. Luckily i've taken an acids, i will be taken them with me to my mum's hopefully they will help if i need them. Wish me luck such a worry! Good luck to you, at least you can understand how i feel!

• Posted

Having trouble digesting oily foods can be due to acid reflux; I get this but not as bad as I used to.I have acid reflux but I do not have celiac.Having problems with fats can be down to a number of things and not always celiac. I couldn't digest anything oily for years because it made me feel sick or vomit. I had to avoid all these foods and stick to oven chips. I am able to eat those foods now except for salami which still makes me vomit.

• Posted

If your symptoms came on after eating these types of food, you will know that is a food reaction. Stop eating these foods; you do not have to eat a particular food just because someone tells you to. You do have a choice. Do not be scared about a New Year party. Simply explain you have food intolerances and they will have to make allowances for that. Most people would not insist on giving someone a food that makes them ill. My dad doesn't bring in food that he knows will upset my stomach. If your family refuse to accommodate your dietary needs, you do not have to go the party; you can always make an excuse.

• Posted

Hi both Moonpig and Pippa, tried really bland food last night so problem has eased off. I'm ok no, party is with family who have had to accept i'm gluten free or trying it at the moment. I am sure i'll be ok with family it will be going out which is more worrying but i think it's roast dinner, so being vegetarian causes fewer problems. I can't miss the party it's for my mum's birthday.

• Posted

./.Hi Sam.Chips are very bad if you are suffering from ibs,try to explain that eating chips anywhere especially eating out could give you diarrhoea.It should not be in their interest to push you into having something that you know will upset you.

• Posted

They've done it again, dinner with lots of fibre in it, quite painful! Not overly impressed! Hmm have to go out with family tomorrow so none too pleased!☹️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.