My story

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just starting my 4th day on Citalopram as I have realised that anxiety is ruling my life and has done so for years. My marriage is nearly over and my husband is totally sick of my anxiety - I have 2 teenage children who I love dearly but who both know something is wrong but not what. I really hope this drug is going to give me the breathing space and strength I need to get through the next few months. A bit worried about reading about other's experiences, I just hope if I can get through the first few weeks that I will start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi,there seem to be a few of us who are fairly new to taking Citalopram.I've been taking it for 3 weeks and am still waiting to feel the benefits.Perhaps we can encourage each other to keep going?

Good luck,really hope it all works out well for you.

Rose xx

• Posted

Hi Rose

That would be great, feel I will need some encouragement to keep going!

• Posted

Hi Ali,How are you doing? I've felt slightly better than I did a few days ago.I'm slightly less tired,still not leaping about with energy,but any improvement feels good.

I'm now taking my Cit about 7.30 pm,don't know if that accounts for the improvement but it does seem to be better for me than taking it in the morning or mid day.

I'm also making an effort to get out to sit in the sunshine in the garden to get my daily dose of Vitamin D as this is meant to help ward off depression.

Rose D xx

• Posted

Hi Rose - so glad you are feeling better, I too have changed to taking tablet in the evening as feel really sick for about 6-8 hours after taking. At the moment I seem to have one bad day, followed by one better day. Went back to work today (had 4 days off sick last week) and felt very anxious most of the day but hopefully will get better.

I hope you continue to improve and good suggestion about the sunshine.

• Posted

Hi Ali, Good luck with work,try not to push yourself to do too much before you are ready.

I was going to see the Dr tomorrow but have cancelled my appointment and decided to wait until I've been taking Cit for 6 weeks which is what he initially advised.I cancelled because I was feeling better than I did when I made the appointment last week but today I spent the afternoon crying.I think it was mainly brought on because I'd planned to start a Tai Chi Class and got ready to go and then realised I'd made a mistake about the starting time and had missed it.That is something I would never normally do and has made me so upset and will also make it more difficult to go to next week having missed the first class.I do think it will be good for me though so I'll definitely try and get there.

Rose xx

• Posted

Hi Rose - What a great idea to do Tai Chi - will hopefully help with relaxation etc - don't not go because you are upset at missing the first week - in a few weeks it won't make any difference - hope you are feeling better now.

I am now on Day 7 and although still feel very jittery/sick - last night/today I feel less desperate - other people's actions aren't affecting me like they have been.

Keep in touch - Ali x

• Posted

Hi Ali,I've sent you a PM.I'm now 4 1/2 weeks on Citalopram and am beginning to feel less exhausted and feeling a bit brighter.Rose xx
  • Posted

Hi Rose, sent you a PM. Feeling less sick now and think a little brighter.

Ali

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.