My thoughts on Mirtazapine

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hey, everyone! 

I'm not sure if you remember me; I posted a topic a while back when I was first starting Mirtazapine, and now here I am a month down the line.

I must say, I quite like Mirtazapine. I take it for anxiety, not depression, and because I was having trouble sleeping. Now, as far as putting me to sleep goes, I think they are brilliant. I take one an hour before I am going to bed and I sleep all the way 'til morning. And I have literally suffered no side effects. 

Now, where anxiety is concerned... am I as bad as I used to be? No. I used to work myself into a blind panic; I would cry, I would have panic attacks, I would call the out of hour doctor, and generally be inconsolable. It was awful. Now, I don't get anywhere near that freaked out now, nowhere near it. But I wouldn't exactly say I feel calm either. There is definitely still some anxiety. It's just quieter, haha.

The problem is, I like the mirtazapine cause it helps me sleep, so I am not entirely sure what to do.

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I went to see my doctor today, and she says I look and sound so much better. It was so nice to hear, it really was. 
    • Posted

Brilliant!! Very very pleased to hear it. Nearly finishing week four and I cannot see much difference. Others say I have improved, but I cannot see it sad

Sorry to hear about Patty...

• Posted

Any new news David?

I am on week 4-5 on 30mg now, and not noticed a decrease in anxiety yet. Dreams are like waking with a start last couple of days. Arms fill pins and needles a little more at times also.

• Posted

Not good, Neuron.

My anxiety has been a bit ropey at best. I am having symptoms involving my scalp and this burning sensation, which scares the heck out of me because it is coming from inside my head. I also get the tingly arms, too.

Basically, all Mirtazapine is helping me with is sleeping and that's about it. Some days my anxiety isn't too bad, others I can whip myself into a frenzy in a matter of seconds.

• Posted

Yup yup Dave, can well understand man. No scalp creaping here yet. But yes the old numb extremities of the little finger and running up to the old elbow happens more so on the 30mgs. 

Thing is once its in the system to wd, needs tappering. So its a suck it and see me thinks. 

Such a pain.!!

Cheers for update!

• Posted

Hi David any update yet please? Curious to know. Best regards
    • Posted

I'm doing better, thanks, Neuron. I'm still a little anxious at times, but nowhere near the extent that I was before. Is it the Mirtazapine that's helping? Of that I'm not sure. It may just be positive thinking.
    • Posted

My thoughts exactly David. 

I am going to ask to start tappering off them tommrow when I see the dr. 

The Anxiety is there ready to take over at any point. I feel the tablets haven't really helped.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up