My Tinnitus is Making me Suicidal

Posted , 17 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I play in a band for five years now. One day, I woke up with a small ringing sound in my right ear, it's my first time to experience it my whole life.I have known about an illness called tinnitus, which involves having a noise in the ear that only the affected person can hear. It disappeared after a month and went back after 3 months (a month ago) after taking off my earphones after listening to music. I came across lots of scary stories about tinnitus and how it affects you. I've been becoming so paranoid that it's giving me anxiety, sleep disorders and suicidal thoughts. I tried taking sleeping pills but then I think it's making my condition worse and the ringing just becomes louder (my left ear's hearing the noise as well) and I couldn't concentrate on my daily activities. It makes me become depressed and more anxious every single day. Help! If any of you has the same condition (tinnitus) as mine, how do you manage to cope up everyday? Would it affect me if I decide to workout or hit the gym for some body building activities? Can you recommend any exercises for it? I was advised not to do weight lifting or any strenuous activities, but I want to tone some areas of my body. Noise masking, like white noise during bedtime does not do me any good and just makes me more sleepless. What do you do about this?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi..I have sent years with tinnitus and loss of hearing in my left ear, been to a ENT, dozens of hearing tests, The Doctors say the hearing loss and T comes high fevers I had as an infant.

The T was always there but the intensity would go from mild to extreme and back, but recently it has been on high volume 24-7 it is so loud that it interfers with my heariing and much of the time it actually hurts my ear.

Oh I bought state of the art hearing aid..which did absolutely nothing for the T and worked as a ear plug, had to take it out to hear the little that I can out of that ear.

I am willing to try anything that could help..Even stand on my head..lol..btw I do use an inversion table daily for my sciatic.

I may go to the Dr. I have had some sinus issues.

• Posted

For all reading this (posting or not) who are having suicidal thoughts, there is help available. Look up the Samaritans (UK) or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (US), these are 24/7, toll free services that will connect you to a counselor. If you are outside the US and UK, more hotlines, sorted by country, can be found on the wikipedia page entitled "List of suicide crisis lines".

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up