My total confusion!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been attending a consultant who has been testing me for bronchiectasis, I had a scan recently and went back for the result. I was initially told that I didn't have bronchiectasis but there were abnormalities on my scan. The consultant was reluctant to tell me what but when pushed on what the abnormalites were I was told that I had air flow obstructions and that was what was causing me difficult to exhale air. When the consultant was taking my medical history she could not believe that I have don't smoke or have never tried - I 'm not telling lies!

Anyway when I told her that I was bringing up solid mucus that looked like small bunches of grapes she then said oh well that might be bronchiectasis - so now I haven't got a clue what it might be has anyone had the same experiences?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

hi riri

i too have just had a ct scan and been told that i have the diesese, when im bad my phlem is dark green and looks like lumpy thick porridge it has taken quite a while to get diagnosed as my lung function tests were good so they did not think i was too bad at first. doc said it was just asthma and id have to live with it but i kept going till was propely diagnosed.sounds like you do have it .i too have never smoked how long have you had it? it does seem to take time to be diagnosed especially if you cant go private.

• Posted

dear riri

suggest you ask for an intepretation by another consultant of your ct scan results.i was under the impression that bronciectasis showed up well on a ct scan.

I know that a regular x ray is no good for detecting bronchiectasis

regards

leslie collins

• Posted

my mum has recently been diagnosed with Bronciectasis after years of recurring infections and trouble with breathing etc and salt therapy worked very well to help her bring up mucus. You just sit in a salt room and breathe normally and the air helps you loosen excess mucus. Good alternative if you are seeking drug-free therapy..
  • Posted

Hi to those who have bronciectasis I have had it for many years it got so bad I was put on medication that being clarithromycin and trimethoprim 24/7 I was getting 2 chest infections a month and have very bad heart condition it was making me very I'll I felt I must do something and fast what I am about to tell you is very true I did a very large search on Google and found a spice if you like to call it but be warned it is very hot to the mouth but cool to the body any supermarket will stock it it called SCHWARTZ CAYENNE CHILLI PEPPER put a 1/4 of teaspoon in a cup of walm tea twice a day BE WARNED WILL BE HOT VERY HOT have a small amount of water ready you will cough for 2 days onc you get use to it just increase it a little but not much. I have not had a infection for 8 months now and have brought up very little mucus this has been great for me all I can say is no pain no gain and I take no more tabs believe me it does work good luck to all Brian.
  • Posted

My sisters boyfriend has Bronchiectasis and has been going to the Salt Cave in London for the past 2 years. It has made an amazing difference to his life. Previously he was pretty much constantly on antibiotics because of recurring infections. but since he started having regular salt therapy he has only had to take one course of antibiotics in the past 18 months! He swears by it.

In fact when my dad was recently diagnosed with COPD he encouraged him to go along for a session with him and now my dad has been able to cut down his medication and is able to get around without getting breathless. Definitely give it a try if you can find a salt room near to you smile

• Posted

Hi I have heard about salt caves but I live out in Essex and being a wheel chair user it would be very hard

But I will stick to cayenne just after a week I get no side affects and only cost about £2 a month get your brother in law to try it he would be be very pleased good luck brian.

• Posted

Thanks Brian,

I will get my Dad to try that, anything that helps lessen the amount of medication he's on has to be a good thing smile

You might find a Salt Pipe useful, I bought one for my dad from the Salt Cave last time he visited so that he can use it in between sessions only cost £29 and apparently they last for about 4 years. So if you can't physically get to a salt room might be a good alternative smile

• Posted

Hi I am new to this forum but after reading this thread thought I'd need to add my experience. After many years of being treated for asthma my twin sister got diagnosed which made me challenge my symptoms too. We now have a neubuliser which has salt phials which is used every time. The neubuliser stays at home with me and I get the salt liquid on prescription. It's a god send especially when I am struggling with chest infection.

I have a good fifteen mins and it's surprising how much it brings up.

The hospital chest clinic got me it and I have to take for servicing once a year.

If anyone wants anymore info about mine give me a shout.

Regards

Fiona

• Posted

Hy all,

I just want to agree with a 30081 and share my experience with the salt. I also been in a salt cave in Kent. It was so lovely and relaxing. I come along with my friend of mine she had a very bad chest infection.The mucus stacked on her chest, and she had a wheezy lung, blocked noise and ears, you know the whole package. She had 12 sessions now she is better than ever before smile Even she hasn't got any problems no she still keep going once in a week to avoid any other infection or common cold.

Good luck everyone.

• Posted

Glad to know that I'm not the only one that has heard of the benefits of Salt Therapy smile I've started going myself recently, even though I don't have any respiratory problems just to boost my immunity with the flu season coming up!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.