My wife has severe bloating 3 days after the procedure.procedure

Posted , 2 users are following.

My wife has severe bloating 3 days after the procedure. Is this normal? She has eaten very very little in 3 days but has drank plenty of fluids. Is there anything I should give her or conversely NOT give her to relieve the issue?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It would be helpful if you made clear which procedure your wife has had e.g. open myomectomy, key hole myomectomy, uterine artery embolisation, laparascopic myomectomy, hysterectomy etc etc.
    • Posted

Sorry--/

Uterine fibroid embolization. Hasn't given stool in 5 days since operation. Tried mirilax, enema etc. severe bloating worries me in addition to severe pain from procedure. Taking 50 mg oxycodin a day. Not good. Thanks for help

• Posted

Hi John uterine fibroid embolisaton does cause a lot of pain and being on pain killers causes constipation and bloatng. Ask her to try natural greek yoghurt if she is not allergic to dairy products as that is one way to encourage movement gently. Another opton is eating prunes. Banana is useful for getting rid of bloating. Drinking water. Was your wife in hospital for a few days or was it just a day case, as in the UK they do no release you from hospital unless you empty your bowels, they usually give a laxative.  You can contact your doctor for a laxative as 5 days is a long time. Also encourage your wife to walk even if its short walks as that helps as well. Hope she feels better soon.
    • Posted

You are so kind. Thank you for your help. She finally did after 6 days.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.