Skip to content
in this discussion +2 following
Krissie8 Krissie8

Mycobacterium infection

I had an insect bite which got infected. After being prescribed several antibiotics which didn't help, I was referred for a biopsy. Results showed a mycobacterial infection. I am a keen swimmer and wondered if this is the most likely source of the infection. The wound has more than doubled in size. I am still to waiting to receive treatment and advice.

I have had this now for four 4 months. Swimming is a big part of my life . Can anyone tell me if it is OK to get back in the pool? Many thanks.

1 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.