myopathic disorder

Posted , 2 users are following.

At 19 old, i was suspected with above deciece. Then i was given Predney and seems I was ok except few muscle pain incidents. Now again I have got leg pain and CPK and ESR was very high.Im afraid still im beaten by Polymayocitis. Please help me

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi ruwan54302

Mayopathic disorder affects the muscles. It causes high inflammation in the body as your blood tests showed. Do you mean Prednisolone a steroid which manages inflammation pain? Both myopathic disorder and Polymayocitis are autoimmune conditions.....which affects the muscles and skin....if you do mean prednisolone your doc will have prescribed the steroid to control the conditions...if so..you will have to continue taking the prednisolone until such time your doc will very slowly wean you off them...hope this helps..best wishes...

• Posted

Thank You Lilan, yes, that is it. I got . PREDNISOLONE 10 years ago and then stopped. I didn't have any issue until last month when I felt musscele pain again.On top of that I feel a Rigid feeling at my legs when I walk. Last CPK was 265, Doctor advised me to take Penral(Gabbapentin) for 2 weeks.

• Posted

Hi ruwan54302

Continue taking the Gabbapentin as doc prescribed and see if the pain eases up..if you experience the pain and the Gabbapentin is not helping..your original condition may be returning and your doc may want you to go back on Preds.....but i'm sure he or she will try and avoid that as preds bring there own problems...so it's a 'wait and watch' situation at the moment.....if you have problems go back to your doctor...best wishes...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.