Mystery URTI Infection? Withdrawals?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a chest infection back in may and was given oral anti-biotics, since then I've had on and off chest pain but in the last 2 weeks it has gotten significantly worse. I went to hospital with sharp stabbing pain under the ribs(lungs) and blurry visions as well as feeling very dizzy almost blacking out, I was a regular smoker (cannabis) and had stopped a day prior to this trip to the ER, I have been experiencing symptoms such as continuous pain under the ribs, feeling very fatigued and weak, dizzy/off balance & some visual disturbances such as blurred visions or trouble looking at lights, the most worrying symptom I have is the tingling/prickling feeling on my scalp, face and sometimes on my limbs, I have bad anxiety and realize some of it could be this but I'm still super worried. My main question is does anyone know what this tingling is and how long the infection will effect me, or could it be that I've gone cold turkey from being a daily smoker? I'm worried it's something way more serious, the ER did a chest x-ray and said it was clear and also did an ECG, they concluded I probably have a URTI with vertigo, but I'm not entirely confident. My GP has given me a ultrasound referral and also I have been coughing up black sputum. Please Help!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.