Naproxen

Posted , 4 users are following.

In the U.S. Naproxen is available over-the-counter. 

I have used the drug in the past for pain but it doesn't seem to help with my PF. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dave

my daughter is suffering with PF, she too has been prescribed Naproxen with Zapain the next treatment if this fails is `TRAMADOL Which if used short term may help, but you can become addicted to Tramadol so be careful. Try ice wrapped in a towel . Hope you can get some relief soon. 

Ps. My daughter has been given a boot to wear

• Posted

It never helped with any of my pain ether possiblydue to it being unable to get to the legiment affected due to lack of blood flow in that tissue and in joint pain. Indometacin was a little better but a cold foot bath was the only imediate relief.

Gel heel pads solved the problem but took several months for the pain to go and it went as quicklyas it had come, Although the gell heel pads took time they did allow me to get about and walk the dog wearing trainers or walking boots.

l

• Posted

Hi christopher

my daughter has since found out from an MRI scan she has a tear on or in the planta fasciitis also a "spur" she like you is in pain. She was told not to do stretching exercises but a cold compress she has now been given another boot to wear which causes the other leg to hurt. She has gel heel pads no good, I bought her socks no good. I'm hoping it will go as quickly as it came.

• Posted

At least you know the problem now so know rest and cold compress's are the imediate cure for pain relief but the gel heel pads will help in the long term as she has heel spurs as well. Pain killers may help and anti inflamatory gels may ease the pain a little as they soak into the skin and get to the inflamed tissue better than blood born pain killers.

Heel spurs can be removed but only as a last resort the gel heel pads should help, I get the really thick ones that come in blue or red and are only a couple of quid, just Google gel heel pads and they will come up. It was the only thing my doctor suggested other than the pain killers.

• Posted

Be very careful with Tramadol, it is very addictive and can have drastic side affects, my brother-in-law took it after a shoulder op and has been having paranoid thoughts and halutionations ever since for the last week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.