Naproxen causing bleeding help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all .

2 weeks ago I went to the docs with painful stiff joints, my knees and ankles were affected but mostly my hands, which where very painful .I couldn't bend my fingers straight or clench my fist at all. He put me on Naproxen 500mg twice a day taken with Omeprazole 20mg to line my stomach.

I have been taking now for 2 weeks and to my horror when I went to the loo today I passed blood from my back passage, very red and bright coloured.I don't feel unwell at all so maybe I should stop taking asap.Does this drug have a side affect of causing bleeding?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes please stop the naproxen. It causes bleeding. And bad stomach problems. NSAIDS are very bad. Tell Doctor to give you something else.
  • Posted

Hi you need an anti-inflamitory and norco or some other narcotic for your pain. Also heat the area that hurts. Buy creams to put on hands like the ones for pain or arthritis. Good Luck.
  • Posted

This drug can cause you to pass blood in your stools.  I found this information on the patient information leaflet that you can google. Stop this medication and tell your doctor about this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.