Nasty Acid Reflux and bad nutrient absorbtion for my whole life

Posted , 1 user is following.

Ever since I was born I've always wondered if it was normal to feel bloated and like you're obese even though I was skinny, I guess it all started when I was really young I used to clear my throat a lot, My Grandad (not biological but in my eyes he was my grandad) used to always clear his throat too as he smoked a lot so everyone thought I was copying him.

I've always been an active kid and used to do sit ups and push ups every morning, My uncle was a big muscled up Sergeant in the Army, I guess I wanted to be like him and I remember one instance where we were at some sort of theme park and he took his shirt off, me copying him so did I but he started to laugh at my stomach as it was severely distended but I still had abs, It looked like the gut of the current Mr Olympia competitors.

In school when sprinting I'd beat everyone I was small but fast and only weighed about 8 stone at 5ft 6 (at the time), I attribute this to having bad digestion and my body not taking the nutrients in... When I did anything like long distance running I would come last as I get what I now know is Acid Reflux and it would prevent me from breathing it would also sometimes bring my speech to a halt and people would look at me like wtf.

Having low self esteem when finishing school I was about 8.5 stone 5ft 7" I started the gym and I've been going for 2 years, I'm now 5ft 8" and 13 stone, It was very hard to get there on a daily basis I will eat 5,000 Calories, I feel like s**t like my bowels are being eaten up.

I tried eliminating dairy and that just made it worse, I started to get a massive burning sensation in my throat, Thinking it may be the high fat beef I was eating I switched to Tuna, Still no use.

I've been to the doctors back and forth about it for 2 years my last surgery just diagnosed me with IBS and said "You will just have to live with it".

One thing that did help were these Symprove Pro Biotics but it is like £70 for 4 weeks and I can't afford that.

My current surgery are going to refer me to a Gaestrologist but I think it is something more sinister than GERD since at 13 stone I've literally added not a lot of additional body fat since the 2 year transition even though I've been eating the maintainence for a massive guy.

Also if it helps my bloods came back and Amylase and CRP said they were "Unusual but expected"

My stool samples both came back fine so what could be my issue?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.