Nasty taste

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hi may I ask you lovely people if any of you suffer from BAM? and if you do do you get a dreadful taste before a bad attack of D? I know that when that taste comes I can't go anywhere except to the nearest toilet.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi sandynan how are you doing? Has the increased meds helped at all? I had that taste a lot at the beginning when I had the diarrhea. It was like a biley taste and was awful. Is that what yours is like? I also got it before I had the diarrhea. I don't know if I have bam as I'm taking so much stuff to stop the diarrhea the last few months and am afraid to stop in case it starts pouring out of me again! I hope you have improved a little with the increased meds. Thinking of you. Xx
    • Posted

Hi there Ace no it's getting worse that taste goes when I have been to the loo it's really weird
    • Posted

Oh no sandynan. Are you going to go back to the doctor? I was on questran for a few days many months ago and had to stop as it made my diarrhea worse. Are you on questran sachets too? Could it be the medication making it worse? X
    • Posted

I am taking 4 Colesevelam a day I started on 1 lol that's how bad it's gottenand of course Imodium 
    • Posted

Oh no sandynan that's awful. Would you not try the caltrate calcium or the psyllium husk. They help so many with bam and are worth a try. Big hugs. Xx
    • Posted

I will have a look for them Ace I can't go on like this and the daft part is I am putting on weight not losing it like you would think would happen Thanks for the tip love I will let you know xxxx
  • Posted

Ok you guys need to try taking a half teaspoon of baking soda with about a half cup of water. One in the morning right when you wake up. Lunch and dinner.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up