Natural supplements

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all.  I know there are some really knowledgeable ladies out there and I wonder if you can help me.  I seem to be progesterone intolerant and since I still have a uterus, can't take oestrogen only which is the only thing which makes me feel human! I've tried the coil which was disastrous for me. I am now back to square one. Without Oestrogen I feel very sic, have terrible headches, vaginal pain and anal pain (I can best describe it as nerve pain). What could I take in terms of vitamins and supplements to help with this? I really don't want a hysterectomy but am really struggling with these peri-menopausal symptoms.  Thanks you so much for any advice!

!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Black cohosh, puaeria mirufica, aguaje . Many plant based estrogens but under guidance of a herbalist obviously , I'm no expert..
  • Posted

You say the coil was disasterous? In what way?
    • Posted

I could feel it from the moment it was put in. Very uncomfortable. Within a week I had developed a urine infection. I just wanted the thing out!
    • Posted

Oh ok, just wondered, I have mirena coil, I could feel it too when it was first put in, bad cramps for first week off and on, and had spotting for the first 6 weeks, but now it's settled down, not aware of it, and no spotting, plus means I can use just oestrogel, and the uterus is protected with the coil.

Must say I did panic with it at first and wanted it out, but glad I persevered, as it's all fine now.

• Posted

Perhaps  I panicked too.....
    • Posted

It's not easy finding a regime that works, but I think you have to give things time, so your body can get used to it. Like you, I was all for getting it removed, couldn't cope with having a coil in my body, felt overwhelmed and panicky. But now, 3 months down the line, no cramps or bleeding, and just rub my oestrogel on every morning, and mostly feeling ok, just occasional anxiety issues still, but nothing is a cure all x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.