Natural ways to help Anxiety&Panic Disorder?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've been a sufferer of Anxiety&Panic disorder since I was a very small child I'm now 18 and it seems to actually be getting worse the older I'm getting, I've tried things such as counselling which included CBT etc I have also tried medication I am just finishing my last prescription of Propranalol which I want to stop taking now after a year of being on it. I still get panic attacks I struggle to leave the house without anxiety symptoms playing up and I'm fed up of relying on things other than myself to feel better and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of over coming this without the need of medical help.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Jessica,

Welll there are ways to help with your problem naturally,breathing exercises,meditation,Tai-Chi etc etc but really your story about it getting worse as you get older,that is quite commonplace unfortunately.

I do think you ought to see a doctor about how you feel now,I found Propranolol hopeless,and there are other meds that may prove better for you personally.

I think each individual has to find the right balance,and we're all so different,I have always found cycling,jogging,walking,reading and crosswords a big help in getting by,but I still take meds after 50 yrs or so,and still see the Psychiatrists and Psychologists,but it never goes away for me,I cope now simply out of habit and knowing exactly how I'm going to react to any given situation,even before and if it happens at all.

Anyway,scour the Internet for natural recovery methods,there are some helpful sites,but above all see your doctor again,that is a MUST!!!

My Regards Malcolm

• Posted

Thanks for the feed back I will look into the natural ways you suggested and I will also arrange an appointment for the doctor!
  • Posted

hey ive been having problems with anxiety for a few years now, and now im 20 but i wouldnt personally say its got worst as i have got older, it seems that it has changed form really. Like yourself I have been looking for natural things to help me, ive tried CBT twice and it helped a bit, ive also tried 2 different medications which i didnt like. I try to do mindfulness meditation as much as i can that helps and excercising alot too. Good luck smile

• Posted

Yeah I dont like the medication either, I'm dying to come off it lol

I will have a look into mindfulness meditation and will do more exercise see if that helps, thanks for replying smile

• Posted

Medication is a no go for me too, but there are other therapy options out there. Cbt is a very General therapy and is often a gps first port of call, it works for many,but doesn't for even more. I found it a ridiculous waste of time, but other options have worked for me
  • Posted

As someone who is still looking for the cure so to speak in my case i can tell you that meditation dont work all that did was make e think about the things that started my anxiety off in the first place.

An ive said this before but for me what seems to be a temporary fix is listening t music

• Posted

this sounds exactly like me ugh sad
    • Posted

Thats the stage im at haha! thats why im looking for natural ways, if I can find anything then I've no other options other than to just deal with it
    • Posted

Gurrrl I'm in a similar..woops, WAS in a similar situation.  

Im just 19 and this truly sucks ass. 

I realllly didn't wanted to be on meds cuz you just get dependant on em' and I didnt wanted them to control me that way either, I was desperately lookin out for natural ways and you knowwhayt helped?  DISTRACTIONS! 

yeah. Trust me that's how I got rid of it. 

Keep your mind busy.  

Hang out with friends,go for a walk, read an inspirational book, watch funny movies, bond with family,  take ridiculous selfies, there are Soooo many things. 

The more you keep thinkin " omg I have anxiety and panic attacks must be round a corner Ive had this since a long time it's never leaving me" 

STAHPP! DONT let those thoughts in or you'll be stuck in this rut forever. 

ALL you need to do is STAY STRONG AND POSTIVE ♡ 

its all in the head. 

You dont needthosse meds anyway. 

You're stronger than this. 

smile  we all are. 

You can do this. 

Dont PUSH or FIGHT anxiety it'll just hit you back harder. 

Ignore it. 

Accept it. And BE POSTIVE. 

You'll be out of it trust me. 

Just gotta be hell bent. 

Oh, and DONT look up symptoms and other stuff related to Anxiety. It'll just show up bs and get you more worried. 

Also, stay away from forums. 

Stop talkin about it. 

You will be fine. 

You are. 

Its all in the head and you wont go cray or die from it.

Hope you feel better bae ♡ 

• Posted

Whoa, that was a great reply. Came across this post and it made me feel a lot better too smile Thanks Tiffany!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.