Natural ways to help Anxiety&Panic Disorder?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've been a sufferer of Anxiety&Panic disorder since I was a very small child I'm now 18 and it seems to actually be getting worse the older I'm getting, I've tried things such as counselling which included CBT etc I have also tried medication I am just finishing my last prescription of Propranalol which I want to stop taking now after a year of being on it. I still get panic attacks I struggle to leave the house without anxiety symptoms playing up and I'm fed up of relying on things other than myself to feel better and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of over coming this without the need of medical help.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

An ex girlfriend of mine used to get panic attacks a few times a month. Now she excersises everyday and she said she hasnt had one in a few years. Also she quit drinking caffeinated drinks like coffee or energy drinks. She also quit eating gluten but I doubt that actually helped her as she doesnt have ciliac, but I have no idea. So try to get a lot of excersice, run everyday and sleep at least 6 hours a night if not more if possible.
  • Posted

Hi Jessica,

Sorry to hear you're going through this! I'm 19 and also going through anxiety! I was prescribed propranolol (40mg) which hardly did anything for me, if anything, gave me more side effects. My advice to you is to stay away from caffeine, smoking if you do because those trigger it off! Exercise is one of the best things if I'm honest, it releases serotonin (happy hormones) and keeps your mind occupied. Take up a new hobby and start enjoying yourself, your young and have your whole life ahead of you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.