Naturopath

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a severe obstruction and have just started to see a naturopath.  Does anyone out there have experience with one and if so, what treatment did you try?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What exactly is the nature of your severe obstruction? Do you mean that your pulmonologist said you had severe COPD? I've had COPD a long time and now have bronchiectasis also. In order to move the gunk out of the BX/dead areas in my lungs, I use a ton of mucus thinner, as prescribed by the pulmo. Sometimes that seems to stop working so I asked a Naturopath what she recommended. She shocked me by saying that she knew of nothing to help my BX, but that I needed to try Chinese herbs. In the meantime she said I could try something sold here in the States ad "Deep Lung." Maybe it would help, maybe it wouldn't.

I now alternate that one day a week with mucus thinners. It costs too much & tastes too awful to use more. I imagine that both my internist & my pulmo would go thru the ceiling on this, as I have no clue what's in the stuff. The only reason I tried it was because the Naturopath is employed in a local pharmacy that stands head, etc., above all the chain pharmacies & grocery store chain pharms. This place doesn't sell things which they haven't investigated, but as my internist is wont to say, there are no requirements here that the makers of such items continue using the original ingredients so ,,, you are warned if you try the stuff.

• Posted

I haven't tried this route either, but am interested in what you're trying.  Plz keep us updated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.