Naughty itch.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies l get this and have been using Aqueous Cream to wash that area and never soap,It works as its a cleaning agent and cream in one to easy that itch,also its fragrance free and lanolin free.and when lm really dry good old lub both simple cheap and and you can get them in

the most shops.l hope this helps you all out there x

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Not sure which AC you're using but the ones I've tried still burned me. I was using lemons but they've gotten so expensive. Which brand do you use?

Good old lube doesn't work well on thinning skin aka vaginal atrophy. For this condition you can take hormones pills, rx or otc, or use coconut oil or vitamin E. I currently take an otc hormone pill that works to strengthen the skin, improves wetness, and labido. Not what I was expecting but it feels great not be dry.

• Posted

I have vaginal atrophy and use estriol cream and it's helping but still not right.  Think it takes a long time. Do you rub anything into the front area because I feel funny tingling there. I can't use coconut oil am well and truly allergic to it.  

There are lots of ladies here with the same problems. 

• Posted

Olive8, isn't it a nuisance! I have tried a couple of otc creams, but still feel the itch. Might try Vit E next. Worth a try!

• Posted

I use a cream that's called miconazole nitrate vulvar cream 2% for itchiness but it came with the miconazole nitrate vaginal cream as an extra, which I found to work really well. So i don't know if you can find it by itself. Maybe look online for it. You can try vitamin E oil, but in pure form, and not as a blend.

• Posted

Hi thanks for your input, l was told to use the A/Cream by the NHS as l cant have HRT but with keep in mind what you have said and maybe try some of the other things you ladies posted,keep healthy ladies  xx
    • Posted

Please go back to the NHS re the Aqueous cream. I’ve seen the NICE guidelines withdrawing it.  If you do a google search you’d see the numerous medical journals citing the issues with using it.  My own consultant was horrified by me using it! 
    • Posted

Thanks for this AngieB....I will check it out and read up on it x
  • Posted

Be very careful with Aqueous cream. I’ve only found one brand without SLS in it and that is a big irritant to skin and actually thins the skin. The NHS have banned Aqueous cream for that reason. I certainly wouldn’t use it anywhere that sensitive. I made the mistake of using it on my face and had itchy irritated skin for months. 
    • Posted

Really Angie? That's good to know. Thanks!

• Posted

Thanks for this Alllie, it's great to hear what treatments are working for others. Will give it a go!....So annoying and iritating!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.