nausea.

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I have been on lansrapazole for 3 weeks and i don't feel much different. I still have nausea and like i could just vomit all the time. Sometimes as soon as i eat something i get lower stomach griping pains for a few minutes. I feel shattered most days too.

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dianne. I was on them for quite a few months before I began to feel any benefit. Then the downsode of taking them kicked in and suffered with  bad trapped wind in my stomach everyday so stopped taking them. I now watch what I eat and am much better.
  • Posted

I don't get heartburn as such but my stomach just doesn't feel right, i can't explain it really. Like bloated feeling but i don't look bloated and if i press around my bellybutton area it feels tender inside. I sometimes feel like food is just sitting at the bottom of my throat. 
    • Posted

When I eat something that starts it off it feels like something is stuck in my throat. I do get heartburn and lots of nausea which I take ginger biscuits and tea if needed.

I have had an endoscopy and only found polyps. I go back to see the consultant in 2 weeks time to see wat if anything happens next.  Try and find out which foods and drink make it worse then stop taking them and see how if that helps.

• Posted

This was how I was before being diagnosed with Achalasia - all tablets made me feel worse, and I was often immediately sick when eating, as the food was either getting stuck in my throat, or not going into my stomach and just building up in the oesophoegus.  Have you been diagnosed?  Eating while taking sips of tepid water with manuka honey and some lemon have really helped, as do very small mouthfuls of food
    • Posted

Hi Jody, sorry to be ignorant but what is Achalasia and how is it diagnosed? Am interested to find out.
    • Posted

It is not ignorant at all - it is a rare condition and hence why it can take ages to get diagnosed - I spent nearly 2 years taking all types of different pills for reflux then went for a Manometry and was diagnosed immediately.  You should ask for this, and a barium swalow.  Basically, the muslces in the oesophoegus stop working either intermittently, or all together.  My Sphinter was also not working and that is why food would build up to the point of gagging, and why nothing would go down.  I remember going to bed some days so hungry that I could not sleep, but could not face the idea of eating.  While waiting for tests, avoid bread and chips, and try soft food like pasta with lots of sauce - rice pudding is great!!
    • Posted

Hi Jody, thanks for the reply. At the risk of repeating myself I've had a long history of reflux and I suspect LPR. I had a Nissen's 18 months ago that wasn't successful so funnily enough I'm having a motility test today and am sat at home with the naso-gastric up my nose fixed to the box!  Happy days!!   What  treatment do they offer you?
    • Posted

Last December I had a laparoscopic Heller's cardiomytomy and fundoplication.  Mt muscles do not work at all so acid is always rising, but I do not get much herat burn.  I am also taking Lansoprazole and Metoclopramide - I have to eat small meals and avoid dry food
    • Posted

Hi Jody, did you feel a big improvement after the Nissens? Have you always had this condition and if so why don't they operate when you were younger. As I've said my most troubling problem is the sore throat which I'm sure is caused by the acid reflux. So if I could control that I would feel so much better.
  • Posted

My gp diagnosed me with acid reflux and told me to try lansoprazole for a few months. The thing that's bothering me too is i have right sided shoulder/neck/back discomfort that never goes away but my gp thinks this could be muscular but i keep thinking it's related to the nausea etc. But the only thing that goes against this is it hurts if i shrug/roll my right shoulder and then it aches worse for days if i do this.
  • Posted

I have left neck and shoulder pain when it is bad. I put a hot water bottle on it and it helps. Acid reflux can also make you feel tired as can Lansaprazole tablets. If you can come off them at some point do it graduallly over a couple of months. i did it over 2 months gradually reducing the dose each week after reading how you get bowel and acid problems if you just stop them.
  • Posted

My neck/shoulder/back discomfort is there all the time but like i say if i do shoulder rolls/shrugs it seems to aggravate it more and it's worse for days.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up