Nausea!

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

18 days on Cit following a week of 5 mg. Seriously starting to wonder if this nausea will ever go away.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Morning Lee,

It eventually does although, I know it doesn't, at the moment, feel like it. If you have any concerns see your Dr, who needs to know your progress on a regular basis anyway!

How's the weather were you are?

David

• Posted

Great winters over here thanks David. Good start to the week, but tired of not knowing wether to throw up or throw in the towel. Dr says it will subside with time and push on. Ugh. Three weeks of nausea feels like a lifetime, and although I am trying to stay positive, am finding today hard. Did anyone else feel nauseous for this length of time or am I a freak? I hope everyone else is doing well, and that someone will tell me they survived this wink
    • Posted

There you are for a shport sentance you mind was off the nausea!

Summer here in UK, not the best ever, but not too bad considering.

You can always go back to your Dr and explain that you understand it has to run its course, but can she/he help? Don't throw in the towel (throw up on yer Dr that may change things! LOL!).

We have all survived it some less and def some of us more than 3 weeks so all you can do is hang in there! It is yuk, but in the future when you advise people yourself, what experience you be calling on. You never know when it does go it may be soemthing you did or found or took that helped and you can share!

In the meantime do something that (may be difficult at first) to take yer mind of it eg exercise or another pastime?

Good Luck!

David

• Posted

Hello lee

The nausea will go in time hang in there, I have suffered with horrible nausea 

for the last 8 weeks (sorry to put a dampener on things) but i think that's with the GP upping my dose 3 weeks agouti just heightened the side effects but they have calmed down now ,having a good day today and so will you.

jean x

• Posted

I am so glad you are having a good day Jean. I think today the nausea felt worse than ever, and the thought of another 5 weeks of this makes my insides and my brain scream YIKES, no more. I have had the odd reasonable day, and by Tuesday I thought I had aced this. Well it appears not, so onward I go. Thank you for the response. Much love, Lee.
  • Posted

Ps. One thing I have noticed since most of the side effects have subsided Cita seems to be affecting my smelling, "shport" should have read "short"
    • Posted

Figured that out David. I make some some splendid typos when using my phone. As far as keeping busy, I work 12 hour shifts in an emergency unit as an R/N. One would think that I would be exhausted enough to get a good night sleep after this. On the bright side there is always a puke bowl around. I try to walk 4 times a week, have a husband , 2 teenage sons and two dogs. Not a lot to time to sit and wallow in self pity. Plenty to distract me. I love tea time, because then I can sign on and whine about how I feel and someone gives me a boot, and on I go. Reassuring to know it's normal from people who have been here. Cheers. Lee.
  • Posted

Mine lasted 5-6 weeks it's horrible!!
    • Posted

Oh wow Amy, sounds a little better than forever, so I guess I will push on, eat what I can, and stop complaining. It really does suck though. Hope you are doing well otherwise. How is the anxiety comming along? Lee xx
    • Posted

I don't think the doctors realise how bad the side effects are. I've increased to 20mg it's been 5 days, I feel drained. Not much nausea, but tinnitus, headache and generally feeling exhausted. I'm seeing the doctor shortly. My anxiety is not too bad at the moment so we will see. Good luck!! smile
    • Posted

Good luck Amy. Hopefully this lot of side effects will subside soon. Great to hear that the nausea has subsided a bit. Thinking of you. Lee.

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up