Nausea

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, just wondering if anyone has experienced nausea, first thing in the morning please? I've just started using serenity cream, could this be the culprit?  ( only 3 days in). I've read this could be a side effect but doesn't last?

Anyone else experienced this? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I used to get a bit Nauseaus when I had the Mirena coil which has hormones in it (but it expelled) so could be the cream or may be you have a bug. Let us know how you get on with it. I have just bought some but seeing Gynae to see if have mirena fitted again or something else so not started the cream yet.
  • Posted

Hi cathy

Were you told to use serenty cream

Or are you self prescribing

You need monitoring with any HRT

Jay x

• Posted

Hi

I have nausea, dizziness most days part of peri I think. Not sure about the cream as i don't know anything about it, never tried it.

Hope it passes soon for you. x

• Posted

Hi Cathy, I have nausea every morning first thing, I have an anti nausea tablet called Metroclopramide which helps. I hate it each morning is the same.
  • Posted

This has reminded me of something I had completely forgotten!!! Around the time I was experiencing night sweats (though I didn't think that was what they were at the time, as I was only about 40 and didn't realise it might be the onset of perimenopause!) I went through a phase where I couldn't eat anything solid in the morning. I would heave and retch if I tried to eat cereal or indeed anything solid before going to work, but hated going with no breakfast inside me as I used to rumble within an hour or two of arriving at work. I consequently started drinking SlimFast shakes in lieu of breakfast, and this seemed to work - gave me the nutrients I needed to start my working day and I had no nausea with liquids, it was just solids. Looking back, it has occurred to me that this nausea might have been something to do with changing hormones because of perimenopause. At the time, it was puzzling but after I found my own way of dealing with it, I didn't worry about it eventually. I think this phase lasted about two years but i don't recall if it was the same two years as my night sweats or if it happened a little before the night sweats started. (And it was only in the mornings...by 11am the nauseous tendancy had long since passed. And I had no nausea at all anyway unless I tried to insert solid food into my mouth. It reminded me so much of morning sickness but as I knew categorically at the time that I was not and could not be pregnant, it truly was quite puzzling!)
  • Posted

Yep... but it passed... happened right before my period or when I was supposed to get a period.  Those wrist thingys that squeeze your pressure points seemed to help.  Also boiled ginger or pickled ginger helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.