Nausea

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have any of you experienced nausea and an upper left chest discomfort? I'm due for a period in a few days and I've been nauseous off and on since yesterday. I can eat, thankfully but sometimes when I do I feel this funny sensation in the upper left corner of my chest. Anyone able to relate?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have this almost on a daily basis with pain in the middle just below my rib cage I had an upper and lower done which was normal feels like a heart attack but was told gerd wish it would go away
    • Posted

It's a way for us to know we still have a heart thru all this misery! Lol bad joke but trying laugh instead of scream! Haha
    • Posted

Oh wow. What do you take to relieve it? My doctors have me on Prilosec but it does not seem to be helping.
    • Posted

I'm a nurse practitioner and have found through trial and error that Prilosec has rebound symptoms meaning the gerd comes back with a vengeance I use Zantac and maalox I take a probiotic first this in the morning and Zantac at night maalox as needed hope this helps
    • Posted

Thank you Misty. I used to use ranitidine but that's when my doctor told me to stop taking it and he prescribed the Prilosec. I will try switching back to the ranitidine or Prevacid both of which seemed to really help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.