NAUSEA

Posted , 4 users are following.

Gallbladder removed yesterday pain was horrible so I walked around ..when i woke up today the pain was much better !!! Its the soreness and the bloating in my stomach or I would say swelling is the only pain or discomfort today but the biggest problem is the that the feeling sick at the stonach that won't stop that's my problem..and mt sore throat. can anyone relate?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Veronica I,can understand how you feel. I had my gallbladder removed a week ago today. The soreness and bloating will ease. Walking around a little at a time will help relieve the bloatedness. I had a sore hoarse voice for about five days.  I am feeling more human know after a week and the ability to eat is great after having constant pain and sickness.

Hope your feeling better soon, thinking of you x

• Posted

Thanks..we are close in our dates so this is super reassuring..i will give it time.thanks for responding!
  • Posted

Hi Veronica!

Wow - you are doing better with pain after removal compared to when I had mine out:-).  I REALLY hurt for 3 days, but I did not take pain meds.  Please remember you have had major surgery and it will take awhile for all this to work its way out and your body adjust.  Try to do whatever your doctor said with recovering - I also recommend going very slow introducing foods, and staying very low fat for awhile.  The nausea can also be leftover from anesthesia - throat soreness from tube they most likely put down your throat during surgery.  If anything worsens I would call your surgeon's office and bounce it off them for their advice - hopefully things will get better for you soon!

With thoughts and prayers from the States-

Jonna

• Posted

I will have to realize that..i can't believe you where abke to not take pain meds! Im a wimp. I will just have to give it time..thanks for responding..

• Posted

If this makes you feel a little bit better - I am something of a wimp, afraid of the side effects of the high end pain meds, as some affect me horribly:-)  It WAS a tough initial three days for sure..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.