Nausea and Bloating

Posted , 5 users are following.

Could anyone who's had their gallbladder out tell me

if the nausea and bloating goes after the op please.

I'm struggling with this right now and it makes me feel really hot too.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm day 7 post op. Starting to feel good. Days 1-4 are rough. I still have morning nausea a bit but hang tight. The bloating gets better!

• Posted

Thank you. Still sore and lacerations healing but nice to eat a solid meal
  • Posted

How long has it been since the go came out?
    • Posted

I haven't had my GB out yet. Just wanted to know if these

Symptoms go after removal, I wouldn't want the op

and then find I've still got the nausea and bloating.

• Posted

It's different for everyone. It's no fun for a bit and that's the truth. The air they fill you with is painful for a few days. Diarrhea is an issue and nausea from anesthesia and pain pills if you take them. I chose no pills because I hate pain pills. About day 5 I started to see the light of day. Good luck to you and stay positive!!!

• Posted

Dear Linda

I had open surgery three months ago so didn't have the gas which hurts your shoulders. I had no nausea or sickness afterwards but did have some diarrhoea. Hospital prescribed Omeprazole and I've had no bother since I started on that. After two or three days my appetite started to return and the bloated feeling gradually disappeared. I was however very careful what I ate. I stuck to low fat for a couple of weeks and still eat mainly low fat. Also ate smaller meals. Too much fatty food in one meal still causes painful bloating, but I've tried deep fried fish (removed batter), pizza, Chinese fried rice and even a few (six) chips. I can live without alcohol and fatty foods if it means I'm pain free. The risks of keeping a bad gallbladder are probably much worse than surgery. Why risk sepsis, jaundice and peritonitis when you can have a well proven surgery? The painkillers reduced the level of pain to discomfort. Ok it takes a few weeks to get over surgery but I'm 67 and have had two major surgeries through the same incision since February and I'm feeling so much better - probably better than I've been for years. I would not advise roughing it out and going down the diet only route. In the end, the pain gets so bad you'll reach a point when you'll need to have surgery so why delay?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.