Nausea for over a week with no other symptoms

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had nausea for over a week with no other symptoms. I've woken up maybe twice in the middle of the night with diarrhea, but when I wake up the next day it's gone. The nausea is the only consistent symptom. Right now, I'm thinking the problem is that I'm drinking too much Gatorade. I started drinking Gatorade maybe a month ago, and I didn't think anything was wrong with drinking an excessive amount of Gatorade. I drink maybe 5 bottles a day. After some research, I found out that this is a very bad thing to do. Do you think this is the source of my problem? Will switching to water fix my problem? I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum or if it's a non-issue or something, I'm just kind of desperate for help at this point because I don't know what's happening.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Doing anything in excess is bad for you! You do not need research to tell you this. It is common sense to do everything in moderation. Stop the Gatorade and see if your symptoms resolve. Drinking water may help to flush the effects of the Gatorade out of your system but I cannot be certain of this. The best thing to do is to try drinking water and see what happens and do not worry! Worry makes everything worse. If you still feel no better, the next option is to see your doctor. The diarrhoea may be your body's way of trying to expel the irritant.

• Posted

It is quite possible that the excessive use of Gatorade is what has been the root cause of this problems you are having. Often, some medications, foods and drinks we take have an effective on our gut flora and tend to do more harm than good in most cases. This can result in various digestive problems like the ones you state.

Yes, drinking more water will help and that is definitely a good idea. But also I believe you need something to clear your system and improve your overall health. I would suggest probiotics. Probiotics are basically healthy bacteria that support digestion, facilitate the absorption of nutrients and help to boost gut health. It will also help to get rid of the effects of the Gatorade.

I would recommend a probiotic supplement called Flourish Probiotics by Eu Natural. This is consisting of good bacteria and completely natural. Check it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.