Nausea one year post gallbladder removal

Posted , 2 users are following.

More than one year since I had my gallbladder removed. Recovery has been up and down with mostly digestion problems. I also have IBS.

Lately I've been getting nausea quite often. (Following a flare-up of IBS symptoms) I had it in the weeks following surgery and then it cleared up. It's not bad enough to cause vomiting and it seems to improve with eating.

Just wondering if others have had this experience and whether you know what causes the nausea and also how to treat it.

Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi Becky. I hope you get some answers. I am also one year out from surgery. I haven't had too bad of a time. I experience some pain off and on where the gb was. Do you? But lately, I've been having bloating with a lot of gurgling. A little nausea, but nothing bad. I am not sure if mine is related to something I am eating or hormones or what.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.