Nausea & vomiting after Gallbladder Surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

Had Gallbladder surgery 3 weeks ago. Seemed to be fine up until a few days past the 2 week mark. Started throwing up yellow bile which turned to green. Had diarrhea a few days after the surgery and still continue with bile in it. I have no follow up appointment with the surgeon. Had to go to the emergency room where they did xray and ultrasound. IV meds for nausea and vomiting and headaches. Seemed to be okay. Next day it started up again. No vomiting. It's been 5 days since the throwing up and still nauseated with tiredness, diarrhea and heavy head. Actually ran into the surgeon at the emergency room and he said it's probably just a bug. Belly button incision still hurts when I bend or touch it. Also had my appendix removed 2 years ago the same way so maybe it's sensitive because it's been cut twice? Just concerned with the waves of constant nausea and afraid I might start throwing up again. Not back to normal as other people have said they have. Emergency doctor suggested there might still be a stone stuck in the duct so I have to do a gastro scope to see if there's anything. Ultrasound showed nothing except they found a node on my right kidney. So I'm just really confused and tired of taking anti nausea medication and feeling scared to eat. I also had an allergic reaction to the cleaning solution they used pre op to clean the abdomen. Lasted 10 days. And still have slight itchy and redness in the area. Can anyone offer some advice or help or share any similar experience with me. So defeated with all this health stuff.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tarishia, my heart goes out to you!it really does you have certainly suffered. May I ask you 

have you changed your diet or eaten what you ate before the operation. It’s very early days since your operation. But these symptoms need to be monitored to your diet, and the possibility of a stone in the bile duct! I would certainly be seeking further medical advice and a scan to confirm if there is a stone in the bile duct. 

You cannot stay in this way, your entitled to know what is potentially happening in regards to this possible stone in the bile duct. Please seek further medical advice.  It took myself about 9 weeks and I occasionally feel nauseous this tends to happen I’d ive eaten anything that dies not agree with me. I had to stay on a very bland diet for quite a while and I mainly eat low fat foods. 

You also mentioned something they found on your liver! Have you seen your doctor as well. I would Ask this to refer you for more investigation for your health. Please let me know how your doing kind regards please take care Joanne 

• Posted

Hi there

So sorry to hear that you are suffering like this and this is only my opinion based on my experience.

Do keep pushing for more tests as what yoy have described does not seem normal after surgery, nausea and bloating are the main bugbears (mine 13 weeks on is still an issue).

The incision in your navel area will take a good six weeks to heal and will be sore, so don't stress unless it smells, is oozing or red and hot.

Good luck and keep us posted.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your support. I will definitely push for more testing. 13 weeks still ongoing for you isn't fun I'm sure. Hope that gets resolved quickly. Will keep you posted. Glad to hear the belly button incision will heal in time smile

Take care. Best wishes.

• Posted

I feel for you! I am in a very simular situation as you. i am almost 6 weeks post op, and i have constant nausea, sometimes i will throw up, its mostly in the morning. the anti nausea meds the hospital gave me half work. i sometimes have diarhea, sometimes consipation. i also hardly have a appetite. ive only worked a week in the last 5 weeks. im tired of sitting in my house. i want to be normal again. i dont have any soreness on all 4 of my insicions, that went away after the first few days.

i am hoping to get answers when i see a GI doc in 12 days. hoping they will give me something for my stomach.

all my blood tests come back normal so i dont know whats wrong.

im so exhausted trying to fight but i know i have to fight for my family. God has a plan, i might not know what it is, but he has a plan.

I hope you are over all this soon.

Shannon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.