Nauseous

Posted , 3 users are following.

Still have my gallbladder untill I see consultant. Being doing ok since my attack but the past few days I have started to feel really nauseous. Yesterday was the worst. Also during the night. Also feel the need to move my bowels but then not much comes out.

Is this normal. Trying to watch food intake but don't know what has set this off.

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sheelagh  I am at present in the nearly same position feeling nauseas nearly everyday but have also a lot of pain under my ribs I hardly eat and have lost a stone in weight and I am only now 6 stones I used to be 7.4 I am only little and have always been slim but never this ! I am always rushing to the toilet but like you say nothing much comes out I am nearly housebound on a good day I will venture out so flipping fed up .i don't have appointment until June the 1st with gall bladder surgeon .,but with reading what people put in here about having theirs out is not good they all seem to be rushing to the toilet still and it takes ages to get better , I've been like this since before Christmas not good . I a man now unsure what to do but know I cannot carry on like this .I am taking Questran it's supposed to help with the fats and also probiotics multivitamins and enzymes for digestive system just started those form natures sunshine on line good company . Hope this can Ben some help let's see if it makes any difference to me . 💐

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I have been to chemist for something for the nausea but doesn't seem to have helped. I don't see surgeon till 2nd July.

I have also read what others have said about removal and it is scaring me a bit but like you I think it will be better to have it done. I don't want another painful episode like had some weeks ago.

I take vitamins and also started on Milk Thistle.

I do find drinking ginger ale helps.

Take care

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I will try ginger ale thanks for the tip does milk thistle help too I've here'd of it 💐

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Your gastroenterologist is the best person to advise but does he/ she know about the fact that for some patients with gall stones ursodioxycholic acid dissolves cholesterol stones and sludge.  A liver function test is done before and during treatment. Th tablets raise the bile acid level.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up