Nauseous all the time?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm 18 years old and I've been suffering with acid reflux for almost a year. The last two months I've been feeling nauseous all the time and I feel like there's a lump in my right throat. 

I am emetaphobia ( this is the fear of vomiting, to see someone vomiting, etc..), which makes me feel worse when I'm nauseous since I start to panic.

I had an appointment with my gastroenterologist and he's going to do some tests to see if I have GERD, but the problem is that the test is in 2 months. I'm starting a new job in an office this month and I'm scared that this nauseous will affect me since I don't feel comfortable when I'm not at home due to this.

What can I do to prevent it? Anyone has the same problem pls?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I also don't know how to burp which makes it feel worse as I feel that I need to but my stomach just makes sort of a gurgle sound
  • Posted

Try eating an apple for the acid reflux and drinking tonic water for the nausea. It contains quinine which usually helps and has helped me many times in the mornings. No guarantees, but what have you got to lose? Good luck and I hope it helps.
    • Posted

Thanks for your help I will surely try his out smile
    • Posted

I hope it helps. Please let me know. Meanwhile, lay off the milk and milk chocolate etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.