Nauseous and loss of appetite after switching time

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

I switched from afternoon to morning a few days ago, first day was good but now I'm feeling nauseous, loss of appetite and the smell of cooking is turning me. Could this be as a result of switching times?

Thanks all

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lois

I was on for three years, came off about three months ago, went back on after a fortnight and recently switched my times from 2pm to 10am.

Thanks

• Posted

That shouldn't effect you like that..do you take any other meds??

• Posted

A mixture of aspirin, paracetamol and caffeine in one tablet, I took two
    • Posted

You know aspirin is a no-no with celexa it causes stomach issues..
    • Posted

Thanks Lois

My stomach has been a bit niggly also. If it's the aspirin it should pass. I'll change over to paracetamol next time.

Many thanks

• Posted

Hi pattie292

I had the same symptoms when I first started citalopram...the nausea & loss appetite was dreadful and I too couldn’t bare the thought of food! I also took mine in the morning.

• Posted

Thanks Emma

That's reassuring to know.

I'll ride it out and see how it goes. It's not as if I'm new to it, I just changed the times. I've only been feeling nauseous since changing times though and I have taken the same painkillers on off for a long time. I am going to change painkillers in any case as aspirin don't go with citalopram. I've also still got anxiety. Probably a combination of everything.

🌻

• Posted

Don't forget to take celexa with food..taking without food also causes nausea...

• Posted

Yes of course, I used to take it after lunch which was a larger meal than my breakfast. I never thought of that.

Thanks again Lois.

• Posted

I've decided to come off citalopram after another bad day yesterday.

Today I didn't take it in the morning, I took half my dose - 5 mgs at 5pm.

I felt much better during the morning and afternoon, no symptoms, but the lightheadedness, muzziness and stomach ache came back soon after taking it.

I'll try and maintain this dose for a few weeks and then half if again .Do you think this reduction is ok?

Thankyou

• Posted

Hi pattie291

Sorry to hear you’ve not been coping very well on them, citalopram isn’t for everyone and it’s worth asking your gp to try something else! Iv heard a lot of people have reduced to 5mg and gradually gone up to 10mg as the side effects are awful....I know too well about that and actually decided to stop taking them completely! I’m using cbd oil currently and having therapy as alternative methods.

I hope your ok!

• Posted

Hi Emma

I look in every day but only just received your post.

Thank you for enquiring about me. The nausea has passed and stomach ache, appetite also improved but I don't eat as much as I used too in any case. I'm getting giddy feelings but not the room spinning type, If that would pass I could cope.

I'm still taking 5mgs but getting headaches and muggy head after taking it. I've also switched back my time to 5pm and cut down on aspirin.

I suppose I'll have to wait it out and hope for the best.

Hope you are doing ok too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.