Near suicidal.

Posted , 4 users are following.

?Im in sheer desperation, the pain im in every friday like clockwork i get ibs and the pain is excrutnating, so im going to see my gp again as the meds she gave me{ mintec} had no effect , i need mbevrine, hoping it works.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi andi59877

We note from a recent post which you have made to our forum that you may be experiencing thoughts around self-harm. If we have misinterpreted your comments then we apologies for contacting you directly. But if you are having such thoughts then please note that you are not alone in this, and there are people out there that can help.

If you are having these suicidal thoughts then we strongly recommend you speak to someone who may be able to help. The Samaritans offer a safe space where you can talk openly about what you are going through. They can help you explore your options, understand your problems better, or just be there to listen.

Their contact details are on our patient information leaflet here: https://patient.info/health/dealing-with-suicidal-thoughts, which also offers lots of other advice on how you can access the help you may need.

If you are having such thoughts then please do reach out to the team at the Samaritans (or the other people detailed in our leaflet) who will understand what you're going through and will be able to help.

Kindest regards

Patient

• Posted

I hope you are ok. 

I too am in a four week flare which Drs think is ibs. I feel ill and very depressed as there seems to be no end to the pain and diarreah. I’m waiting for my colonoscopy to be done. 

I understand every day is difficult. But please try to push forward for some further tests. 

• Posted

When you have IBS, tests will all be negative.  Your best option is to ask for a different medication. There are many on the market and you may have to try several to find the one that works.  Avoid Mebeverine; it is well known for making symptoms a lot worse.  Try distraction techniques such as a hobby or light exercise which can help to take your mind off the pain.
  • Posted

Hi Andi, that sounds terrible! I thought my ibs was bad, having it for 3 days but I know why mine has flared but for you you need to work out why on a Friday what are you doing on a Saturday? What happens on a Friday? Ask your doctor's to look at the triggers! Good luck sorting it, it doesn't sound right to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.