Nearly 12 weeks post tkr surgery

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi I am still not sleeping very well, knee gets very uncomfortable, I have now come off BuTrans 10 mg and just taking paracetamol. My knee has gone stiff again and is sore and I am getting lots if cramping pains, the trouble is that my other knee is bone on bone and is now aching and painful too. I want to get over this surgery first before having other knee done. I don't feel ready to go back to beginning again. I have to go to physio again tomorrow, I had been discharged but when I went to have check up last week, surgeon said he wanted me to have more physio to see if it helps. I am still having hot sweats, I thought it was the medication but I am off all the strong ones now, is anyone else having the same problems? I am beginning to get down about it as the recovery is taking so long. regards Jannette

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I had physio for abut 12 weeksafter TKR 4 years ago.

Regarding sleeping. Try sleeping on your back with a pillow underneath your leg.

If you feel you want to sleep on your side sleep on the opposite side to your operation.

This is a long hard road and sometimes it is one step forward and 2 or 3 steps back but be patient, it does get better.

Take care and keep in touch

Sarah xx

• Posted

Thanks Sarah, been to physio this afternoon he said I am doing well but when my knee gave way a few weeks ago it has put me back at least 3 weeks. He told me to take my stronger painkiller at night and that might help. I will try sleeping with pillow tonight I tried at the beginning but I still couldn't get comfy but it might work now. I feel so tired and lethargic. I'm sure a good night's rest would help. Thanks again regards Jannette xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.