Nearly 4 weeks post op slight anterior and larger posterior repair

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I'm nearly 4 weeks post op, and went out today did a bit of shopping, passenger in the car, no carrying, but was out about an hour. Have felt the old feeling of pressure inside left, and left side of bottom, what I used to feel pre op, but BM wasn't the best today either. Am starting to panic thinking it's all failed, and what was the point? Is it really is our bodies telling us we've done too much? Also, anyone in the UK not been given a follow up appointment? I didn't have one after hysterectomy either. Thanks for reading.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey there.

I had a rectocele repair 11 wks ago. I done my first trip out at 4 weeks and yes I felt the same, pressure and a dragging feeling. I think this is our body telling us to rest. Your more than likely still have internal stitches and your still healing, so please please slow down, put your feet up & rest. This I believe is the best medicine. I kept thinking that mine had failed but all was good at my 8 week post op

I do hope you feel better soon, please rest xx

• Posted

Don't be concerned, there will be a few of these 20 paces forward and 40 back. It is our body telling us to rest up that's all. It's a long healing process. I was around 3 and half months maybe even 4 months before I had no more aching. I am now 8 months and so happy I had it done 😊

• Posted

It's very early days. The stitches start tightening up at the stage your at & some girls get more pain then than when they 1st had it done. Hopefully you had already been having lots of small walks around prior to today's venture out, slowly increasing that walking every few days.

• Posted

Oh thank you so much for your replies ladies, it is much appreciated. It's so difficult knowing just how much to do? I have been doing short walks each day, and pelvic floor exercises. I'm going to reduce both a little I think. You have given me a bit of hope. Thanks again x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.