nearly finished my introduction course of citalopram

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've nearly finished my first course and I've been feeling a lot better but I still have the rare down days and when I do they're really bad. I want to be left alone, I self harm, I never ever leave the house and don't want to..

Tomorrow the doctor is making my mg higher.

Any help

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello there.  You say your first course which I don't quite understand.  Do you mean you started off on a low dose and the doctor is going to increase the dosage?  Even on anti depressants I had ups and downs, good and bad days.  Never perfectly OK all the time. 

Glad you are feeling a lot better but I think you will always get those rare days when you do feel bad. 

You are asking for help, but not sure what you want us to say.  As you are seeing the doctor soon hopefully you will get some help from him.

Take care

• Posted

I went to the doctors yesterday he put me on 5 different anti dispersants I got to go to therapy etc, I got help soon just not getting the love I want of someone particular
    • Posted

Did the doctor give you a prescription for five different anti depressants to be taken at the same time?  Can you tell me what they are and what dosage was prescribed? 

Good that you will going to therapy as it does help a lot of people. 

Hopefully the bad days will get fewer and you will feel better and be able to go out.

• Posted

It's only your first course. It takes some time to get to the right dossage. But the fact that you're feeling a lot better is great! It means the drug is good for you. You will always have ups and downs, everybody does, that's life. But it will get better as you get the dossage part figured out. Good luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.