Neck pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

Have any of you experienced what I can only describe as a strain in the neck. I was resting yesterday afternoon and I somehow jerked my head the wrong way and now it seems I have this terribly painful muscle strain in the back of my neck. I have to turn my whole body if I need to look back. Of course this triggered all kinds health anxiety thoughts. I know me accidentally jerking my neck is what started it but I didn't think it would feel this bad! I heard that estrogen can make you more sensitive to pain and I am on my period right now too. Forgive me if I'm babbling. Just wondering if anyone is more susceptible to pain when their period is on?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have done that too, move the wrong way and my back or neck aches for a few days..  I always blame the weather but it's me not stretching enough on a daily basis.   Take an Aleeve or IB Profen, try doing some SLOW neck exercises, and if you have a heating pad/water thingy--put that on it too... 

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I will try all three methods. This is a "pain in the neck" excuse the pun. LOL!

• Posted

Hi ! Hot water bottle 15- 20 minutes as minimum and slowly try to stretch your neck. Go on you tube and see what can you do. Excise twice per day even it hurts do those stretches and you' ll start feel better.

Blessings

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.