Neck twists to left

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been going through hell past 11 months with all the peri symptoms. The worst ones being depression, anxiety, off balance feeling and dizziness and weepiness and general malaise.

I tried various antidepressants during this time with no success.

For last two months my head has been turning to the left uncontrollably. It makes me feel dizzy and my head feels fidgety. Worst is when I'm eating and tapping on my iPhone. It's so hard to keep it still. I'm always touching my face or head because of it to brace the head.

Went to neurologist and diagnosed with spasmodic torticollis. Or cervical dystonia.

Trying to still find out cause whether it was the meds I took or what.

So now on top of depression, anxiety and peri symptoms I've got this!

Still trying to accept it. But I just can't. I feel like it's never ending. One thing after another. Now I wish I was just back to peri symptoms.

I you tubed dystonia and was shocked. I wish I hadn't now. I've read it can be progressive, there's no cure. Just cannot believe this. Wanna cry but too shocked I think. No tears come out. So worn down. Not coping well with everything. Praying daily but just seems to be getting worse.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

CCinCal, im so sorry that you are having a terrible time. These symtpoms can be quite debilitating. Is there any type of therapy that may ease the cerival dystonia? There may not be a cure but there has to be something to ease the discomfort. The hope that I hold onto is that one day it will go away. Never know the length of time but it will go away and you will get through it. Continue to pray as I am praying for you also. ((Hugs))
  • Posted

Thanks Jamie. I'll keep you in my prayers too as I've followed your posts.

I've read Botox injections every 3 months but my dr says that is painful in the neck. Taking Parkinson's meds but not helping the movement.

Got an EMG tomorrow so will know more then.

I've read the odds are 18 in 100,000

I just can't believe it. Just my luck. I should play the lottery.

Hugs to you

CC

• Posted

Hi my love

I know what you mean when you say you pray but it just gets worse.

I've been in peri nine years. Just got a period after six months.

The anxiety and depression are just awful in top of all the other symptoms.

We have to stand on the word. God says he will never leave us or forsake us. He says we are more than conquerors and we can do all things through Christmas who strengthen us.

Yes I know it's hard believe me I have days when I don't seem to have the faith.

I just hold on to the hope that all this hormone mess will be over soon.

I will keep you updated now my prayers also.

Let's hold each other up x

• Posted

Thanks for your words of encouragement. I try to keep faith and tell myself it's an opportunity to grow in faith and character but mentally and emotionally I am in tatters. I've been praying daily but I feel I'm not being heard. I know I shouldn't believe everything I feel but trust in the word.

It's not helping that I started my natural period today after being on BC pill for last 11 months for peri symptoms. My periods bring on severe moods amongst other things.

I'm trying to just let go and surrender it all. So hard to do.

• Posted

It is very hard I know. I want you to know that I am here for you anytime. If you want to private message me you can.

Having someone to talk to really helps.

Of course coming off the b c pill your hormones will be all over the place.

Praying you have a peaceful evening x

• Posted

Hi CC, sorry to hear you are having a bad time. 

2 years ago I was diagnosed as having a 40 degree scoliosis on my right shoulder. I was told I'd most likely had it since adolescence but I was convinced I'd hurt myself after a serious of mishaps. One of which was pulling ivy out of the garden causing me great pain in the middle of my shoulder blades. This was my cervical discs slipping. Anyway I won't bore you with the rest of it but this news caused me great distress and I thought I was going to turn in to a hunchback. 

Eventually I decided the only person who could help me was myself, so I tried to get fit and strong. I joined a Pilates class run by a very understanding lady who was a former Physio and knows how to help those less able. She showed me how to improve my posture and how to hold myself correctly. I had been pulling my right shoulder forward without knowing it. With the correct exercises I have improved my core strength which enables the body to hold everything in place. This makes the scoliosis less noticeable and hopefully will lessen any worsening of it as I get older. Hope this makes sense. Doing something for myself rather than relying on doctors telling me I will just have to live with it has helped. I do have bad days and hate looking at myself in the mirror sometimes. 

I hope you can find something or someone who can help you.

Love and hugs xx

• Posted

My experience with doctors this last 11 months has really changed my view. I looked at them as being able to solve all my problems but now I see I gave them too much credit.

What strength you took your health into your own hands to help yourself.

I'm probably in denial but I'm hoping it will just go away even though all the reading I'm doing says its permanent. All of this is too much to bear.

• Posted

Oh dear, don't give up on yourself.

Do you think you may be able to do some exercises to help your neck, either a class, one to one, or home videos?

When all else fails, eat chocolate 🍫🙂xx

• Posted

Oh my gosh, I am a chocoholic! I just had some just now after my dinner.

Good idea. I will look into exercises or ask about physical therapy.

Hugs to you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.