Need a chat. Any other pregnant mums out there with anxiety?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im not sure if this is just a rant or need support. Probably both!

Im 37 weeks pregnant and currently 4am with no sleep so far. I suffer from health anxiety so being pregnant with this has been challenging.

I think I have done pretty well considering and only had 3 anxiety episodes through this pregnancy and no meditation.

Unfortunately I'm going through one now and Im so frustrated that I let it get to me. Ive been suffering from bad neck pain and headaches over the last couple of days. I had to resort to taking panadine forte but I was in tears from the pain. I feel guilty since I have tried not to take anything this entire time. Now I can't sleep, eat, heart pulpitations, nausea etc... the typical anxiety symptoms for me!

Any other mums with anxiety? Feel so alone sometimes:-(

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hey lind45511

Im 20 weeks pregnant and like u have health anxiety. Mine was really severe tho that i sought help 2 weeks ago and got put on laxapro. I was really nervous about taking it tho as i was scared that it was going to increase the anxiety and/or hurt my baby.

Im so glad i took it tho, it has really helped me alot. I still get the minor little attacks but no where near as bad.

Im here if u need to talk

It would be great to chat to someone that is also pregnant.

I hope things get better for u smile

• Posted

Still haven't slept but trying to stay awake for tonight in the hope that I sleep. If not, ill go back to docs tomorrow, even just to chat about my anxiety. I only have 2 weeks left before bub arrives, just need to hang in there

I was thinking of going back on antidepressents but decided not too as I was so close to the end. Who knows after though??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.