NEED ADVICE

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have not seen or heard from my mental health worker in nearly two months.   I usually see her every month unless I am struggling.  The last time I did see her I was very low.. But I have not had so much as a phone call or  letter since.. I have phoned three times in the last two weeks and was told she had been off and now she is off again sick..

Should I not be getting a letter or call to let me know she has gone off sick etc?

Should there not be someone to go to if things get difficult on the occasions she is not around??

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I used to be a mental health support worker in the community. If I was ill, I expected my colleagues to see my clients, and they did, or at the very least call you to reschedule/make sure all's ok! It's not on that this hasn't happened for you. When you call up, if she's not back, ask to speak to a manager. Or ask if there's someone else who can support you while she's off sick. Tell them you're low.

All else fails, are you involved with your community mental health team? If so, you could ring the 'duty worker' for telephone support.

Hope this helps x

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you for replying..

It is my community mental health team I am with. I would have thought they would have let you know and put someone in place.. I am very diasappointed and feel let down as this person has been off twice since I  have last seen her and  no-one has told me..She knew I was at a bad place the last time she seen me and I know she has been at work after being off the first time..

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ring them back and ask for duty worker then, or team manager. It's bad you have to nag them, but you need to do what's best for you. If you need support, ask them xxx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Unfortunately no, on the nhs this is quite normal. If your usual therapist isnt available,then you just have to wait, and there is no paperwork sent to confirm this. I agree it's terrible service but that's just the nhs in a nutshell, it's not right but it's how it is

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello Laura

Yes I suppose they get ill as well. Some with Mental Health problems.

All I can really suggest is you have words with Her Team Leader and see what the situation is and if you could be seen by a different person.

The Mental Health Service is in a bad place at the moment where there are too many Patients chasing to few operators. Mental Health Clinics try and keep you with the same person, they will be hoping for Her concern soon. The problem is the appointments will be backing up and they will be passing appointments down the line and blocking your Service expectations.

One problem you will have possibly is forming a temporary relationship with a different CPN,  That does not excuse what your needs are and they need to be met. Have words again with their Office, also talk to your GP.

Like you I am waiting for a CPN and I feel it may be a long wait, as the area is one CPN down

Keep a hold

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up