Need advice - Can't sleep or function

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm hoping to get some good advice. I suffer from dwelling on issues. I'll do something wrong and think I could have seriously hurt myself doing it. And then, I'll get "stuck" with dwelling on the past with all the possible outcomes. It's like final fantasy, only in your mind. I'll think about how dumb I am for not being more careful and not thinking things through. Then, I'll continue down the line of events of what could have happened. It does not necessarily apply to a specific event. Anyway, it will raise my adrenaline and the thoughts will hit at the worst possible times, including in the middle of sleep. I'll usually wake up screaming and sweaty. These thoughts will go on for days, weeks, months, and so on. I tend to dwell on other negative outcomes related to these events. I'm open to any advice or comments that you may have.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

the worst thing you can do is dwelling on negative things the best  advice I could offer is try your best when there's thoughts enter is try and distract yourself with good thoughts or do something else to take your mind off things anything really

I have learned to my cost that negative thoughts are definitely no good for the health just remember that you are the one in control not the other way around you can do it best of look anytime you need a chat just pop on here there is a load of very good people on this forum that give some very good and reassuring advice            

• Posted

Please go and see your doctor about this. I think you probably need meds and you certainly need therapy.

Keep us posted - we're here for you.

Love Tess xx

• Posted

It's been said here before . The brain is its own worst enemy but also it's own saviour. It's a shame we can't turn the tables. I was told that the part of the brain which thinks these neg thoughts is also the same part that thinks positive thoughts.

Has anyone else heard that?

The point I think I'm trying to make is that the more positive thoughts you think gets registered by brain even if there's no change in how awful you feel.

I know it's hard but if you can try to interrupt a neg thought pattern with a nice thought or outcome, gradually your fear feelings will mysteriously lessen.

That's the theory anyway. Sounds simple, but does require a bit of hard work.

• Posted

You are suffering from anxiety, with repetitive thoughts,racy mind. You would benifit from a antidepressant. This will go on, and on if you don't call your family doc. Good luck.

• Posted

Absolute most useful thing to do for this is learn to mediate. Very serious  stuff and useful once tou figure it iut. Start with beginner mediations. You meed a bepreak from you and your mind needs to be expanded. There are tons on utube, apps they are evrywhere pick one that resonates with you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.