Need Advice on how to get through this, it's scaring me.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I'm a regular user to this forum mostly as I suffer from Derealization & Depersonalziation badly and have done for 9 months....

This past few days has been really bad and I would not describe it as DP/DR but a new symptom and I really need advice on what the hell it is and how to deal with it.... I feel like I'm actually going crazy...

I feel like I've completely lost it, like I'm on Autopilot. I'm doing everything a normal person should but it's like an act.

It's like I've lost who I am, like my instinct is running my body and brain and it's not my own actions ? It's really not nice. I can't think, I keep feeing like I'm about to crack up any second... It's really worrying me, it's so bad as its so hard to put into words how I feel... I honestly feel like my brain is damaged or something, and well yeah basically feel like I'm cracking up.... I look out the window then realise I'm actually looking out the window not somewhere else, as it feels like I'm imagining it but I'm not. I keep feeing faint and it's like I'm on the verge of a panick attack but it never happens.

Im currently on holiday, and in a really relaxing place with my girlfriend and not anxious about being away from home or anything like that.

Please someone help me with this I'm really struggling and when I get back home I'm going to my GP again. I'm not on any medication as he said DP/DR should go when I learn to relax ?!

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

DP/DR go when you have a small short course of an atypical antipsychotic.

Go and see your doctor when you get back from holiday.

Hope you feel better soon, Alex.

Love Tess xx

• Posted

You know what, sometimes u can be in the most idyllic place yet still feel dread.

I get it when I'm walking thru town on a sunny day I just hav this sense that something bad is gonna happen and I hav no clue why.

Completely irrational. I have derealization and it's a strange feeling.

I'm sorry your not feeling great especially as its a holiday but you will be fine and get over this. Have you tried relaxation techniques?

• Posted

Hi Phil,

Yeah I've had Derealziation 24/7 for 9 months now, had it before but it was gone after a day, the thing is I don't feel a sense of "dread" I just feel really unwell and that my brain is just not working. Like this morning I woke up all dizzy, and had weird liquid like pressure on the back of my head/ upper neck.

Anxiety makes the strangest symptoms, and yes I've tried the breathing ones, full most relaxation and also medication and nothing seems to be helping me.

Thanks for the reply.

• Posted

Feeling like you are going crazy is definitely a big symptom of severe anxiety. People who go crazy don't know they are crazy. Trust me you are not going crazy...you are just in your head. I've felt the way your feeling. The best thing you can do is just remember that you will feel normal again, and even though you feel like there is something wrong with your brain...there isnt...it's anxiety playing it's nasty tricks on you. Once you get rid of the fear it wont keep coming back.

• Posted

Hi Lindsay,

I feel like I'm on the verge of going crazy, but that's good to know that I'm not I guess.

For example I'll start having a convo with someone, then realise I'm having a convo and make myself panic like "Is this me actually speaking", I'll look out onto the balcony and realise I'm on holiday and it'll freak me out like "how have I got here".

It's really not nice and very worrying, I'm waking up dissorientated and dizzy which makes me think "I still fee weird" then it's like a vicious circle I guess sad

But yeah feel like I'm insane, it's so hard to describe aswell. Like if I make toast it's like I'm watching someone else's arms doing it.

• Posted

Hi again,

I get that sense of detachment when I start to talk to a group of people for an instant. It's a fear of not coming across well.

Was wondering if 9 months ago there were any big changes in your life?

Sometimes these can cause changes in brain.

• Posted

Hi Phil & thanks for replying really appreciate it.

Yeah I always think I seem weird to people aswell, like I must look like I'm drunk or something because that's how I feel all the time, but this past week it's changed into a feeling of my brain not turning on? Just woke up and it feels like my brain is still half asleep if that makes sense ?

Last Year my dad had a liver transplant after 5 years of extreme hard times at home, and I also had to be rushed home from Greece as I had extreme chest pain around a month after that. Still have the chest pain now doctors can't find what's wrong with me...

Then 3 months later all this started sad

• Posted

I have felt like that for almost a year I've suffered for 29 years with panic and general anxiety I have felt ever thing the nervous system can throw at me and I can say that is the worse , but if you really research it your not going crazy at all acutely the body thinks it doing you a favor, your nervous system has said I've had enough so the body goes in auto pilot so the brain can take a break. But people with anxiety feel this and we instead of just letting auto pilot run we try to figure out why and if we are in danger and when it will stop and we are truly by doing that just adding more stress and it last longer. Try tomorrow of it is still happing in your mind laughting at it turn it into a jok and then stop trying to figure out why except it and see if that helps. I wish you the best and you are not going crazy for sure if you were you wouldn't have a clue more less be over sensitive to it. Your body is designed to behave like that so we dont go crazy.

• Posted

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your reply !

I can see how it all works, and how you describe it does really make sense. I've had DP/DR for 9 months 24/7, but this past week my brain feels "Empty" etc and literally feel like I'm going crazy... Clearly I'm not, I just wish I could work out a way for it to stop and for me to feel normal and live a "normal" life again. But I'll try what you have said, and really appreciate your reply so Thankyou smile

• Posted

Been feeling like this lately. It feels like I'm one step away from losing my mind. I've been having strange mental sensations I can't even put it in words but it's just weird and makes me feel like I'm losing contact with reality. Ugh I don't even know what's going on with me anymore ):

• Posted

Yep I'm the same, you somehow can't even put it into words it's sort of like trapped in my head, autopilot, if I think about anything in life like think about doing something and try to imagine it it freaks me out, just so strange and horrible head sensations aswell!

Hope you all the best that we get through this rubbish! sad

• Posted

Crazy what anxiety can do to us. In reality it isn't even dangerous but it's like we're going through the worst times it just feels so paralyzing and crippling, yet it all happens in our head and no one can even notice it. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes through this! I'd love to hear more from you (: message me if anything!

• Posted

Hi Gwyneth,

How are you doing?

I noted that you said that anxiety isn't even dangerous, but although that's generally true, a few people become so ill with the anxiety that they commit suicide.

Not trying to frighten anyone but it does happen, very occasionally.

Love and hope you feel better soon, from Tess xxxxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi, Tess! Yes it's not dangerous, meaning like it isn't going to make you insane or give you heart attacks like you think you're about to have.

Those people who choose to end their lives did not probably get the support and help they need, which I totally can relate to but it's great that I'm getting help and getting reassured that everything will be alrigh. Certain days it really does get overwhelming and I sometimes feel like there's literally no hope for me, but that's because when you're in the moment, your thoughts and feelings are really strong and crippling, but once it passes you'll start to feel like wow, I didn't know it was not that bad. This is why it's good to get help right away, before it gets worse.

If you have any questions feel free to email me! (:

Best of luck to you,

Gwen

• Posted

Thanks, Gwen, I'll certainly do that. Nice of you to offer help to me. I appreciate it.

Love Tess xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.